Chapter 2: Meet and Greet.

At 6 am sharp, Skylar was awoken by the sound of her booming alarm clock. Yes, she used an actual alarm clock still. The female got up, slipped into a white blouse and a black pencil skirt. Walking downstairs, something seemed off. Her stomach had butterflies and not the good kind. She was nervous and anxious, but about what? She had just woken up! With that, she went with just eating a blueberry muffin for breakfast.

On her way to work, she listened to some NF, Drake, G-Eazy, and a mix of music to settle her nervousness. Having always worked, she was devastated as it didn't, and she was left with the heavy feeling as she stepped out of her car and into the café. Sighing and declaring she would have a good day, Sky walked in with a huge smile to the other few workers here. "Lets get down to business shall we?" She said in motivation as she was helping with opening the store up this morning.

The female turned on the coffee machines, cleaning and tidied the lobby and even helped through up some decorations for the upcoming holiday. She was so new to all this, one of her coworkers named Jake, had to tell her what thanksgiving was. As the store opened up at 7:30 am, Skylar feeling of dread and anxiety was fading, but still evident it was slightly there. She smiled anyway however, and began to pass out orders left in right, realizing the morning wasn't something to play around with.

Time felt like it was just flying by, afternoon ready here. She had 2 more hours to go, and she was free for the day. Suddenly the bell to the door rings and she smiles as the mysterious looking man. "Good morning sir and welcome to Starbucks! What can we get you today?" But suddenly, as the man just stared at her, she realized that her stomach was feeling nervous 100% now. She felt her palms getting sweaty, but why? No one had ever made her feel that way before, not even her strict father when he caught her trying to sneak out to a party one time.

She smiled regardless, but still the small just looked her up and down then grinned. "So, what's your name?" He asked, even though her namebadge could be visibly seen clearly as day. "S-Skylar, I mean but I go by Sky.." This only made him smirk more. "Hmm, names James, i think you look amazing." the male states. Skylar didn't understand how, she was in uniform. "Do you need some coffee?" She asks, trying to change topics.

"I don't get a thank you? Hmm. How rude..' the male teases. 'Ill take a coffee, black." he says to her. She nods and gets on it, but she can feel his eyes on her. She thought he was good looking yes, but her father had never let her have a boyfriend before, and she was too embarassed to admit she didnt know how to date. She finishs with the coffee and hands it to him, giving him his total. With that, he slips a paper in her hand and winks before leaving. For the first time in a long long time, Skylar felt her heart pounding, her palms still sweaty and now her forehead a bit as well.

Asking to use the restroom, she goes to it and looks in the mirror slowly. Wetting her face she dries it off softly and then huffs. "What just happened?" She asks herself, knowing she has no answer. This had never happened to her before, because with her father being a priest, the boys knew not to mess with her in Colorado. Sky couldn't deny the fact she had always wanted a boyfriend, seeing as her parents seemed happily married, but that be going against her fathers beliefs, and hers too.

As soon as Skylar's shift ended, she goes to her car. Sweating as her shaky hands look at the folded up paper, deciding whether to open it or not. Eventually, the female decides to, and to her surprise, it wasnt a number. Written on the paper, in fine cursive, was...