Chapter 3 - Summer Time Part 1 - The Blur

My first two-part chapter woohoo! 

I'm going to start using pictures in my story to help create a better image for you guys!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the wake of discovering my parents' wealth, the next few months of my life became a hazy blur. It was summertime, so there was no school to occupy my days.

Instead, I threw myself into a whirlwind of partying and binge drinking, desperately trying to drown out the pain of losing my parents. I'd never been one to engage in casual flings or one-night stands, and that didn't change during those wild summer nights. Bea and Ciara, my unwavering friends, didn't approve of my behavior, but they understood the magnitude of my loss. They stuck by my side, providing both support and, when necessary, holding back my hair as I vomited from the excessive alcohol consumption.

I even had an unfortunate run-in with the police during those months, a memory I'd rather forget. But it was one of those sobering moments when I couldn't blame my actions on the alcohol.

As the summer wore on, and with the start of the new school year on the horizon, I decided to put the excessive drinking behind me—well, most of the time.

"Eva!!! Get up!" Bea's voice pierced through my pounding headache.

"Okay... okay, Bea, chill out. I've got a massive headache," I groaned.

"Well, I wonder why?! School starts next week, and you can't keep doing this," Bea scolded, her own head seemingly suffering from my late-night escapades.

"I know, I'm sorry. Last night was the last time. Consider it a final send-off to my summer of liquor."

"Very funny. Now get dressed; we're going shopping."

"Oh, we have to buy some cute outfits for school. We're seniors, damn it!" I exclaimed, suddenly invigorated.

"Yeah, yeah, alchy. Hurry up."

I threw on a pair of ripped denim wash jeans and a stylish white crop top. Despite my recent indulgence in alcohol, I couldn't deny that I looked good.

 Despite my recent indulgence in alcohol, I couldn't deny that I looked good

Our shopping spree took us to all our favorite stores—Forever 21, Zara, Urban Outfitters, and PacSun.

"So, what do you think?" I asked while trying on a sundress and nude heels.

"Okay, girl, your ass looks amazing in that dress. You'll totally catch the guys' attention this year," Ciara praised.

Sure, I might turn a few heads, but there was only one guy I wanted attention from—Cameron Miller. He was, to put it bluntly, gorgeous. It was as if God had chiseled his jawline to perfection, and his brown hair fell just right, adding to his allure. His abs were the stuff of dreams, and his smile? Well, angels must have been envious of it.

He was the embodiment of every girl's fantasy.

"I'm totally buying this," I declared.

So, I purchased the dress and some shoes. Afterward, we all headed for coffee, and that's when I saw him—Cameron, a vision carved by God himself, right in front of me.

Time seemed to stop when I laid eyes on him.

"Uh, Eva, you okay?" Bea tapped my shoulder.

"No, she's not okay, Bea, look," Ciara pointed directly at Cameron.

"Ah, I see. Earth to Eva," Bea waved her hand in front of my face.

As Bea did that, Cameron noticed me and walked over.

"Hey-y Eva," he greeted, his hand casually behind his neck.

"Hey, Cameron. How was your summer?" I asked, doing my best to maintain composure.

"My summer was good. Hey, I just wanted to give you my condolences... you know, with your parents."

I mustered a smile as I replied, "Thank you, I appreciate it."

"Hey, don't be a stranger this year. Let's hang out sometime."

"Yeah, totally. Maybe Monday after school? We could get coffee or something?"

"I'd like that," he said, flashing his irresistible smile.

"I'll see you Monday, Eva," he added before walking away.

Bea and Ciara chimed in simultaneously, "GIRL, WHAT JUST HAPPENED?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

END OF PART ONE 

Thanks for reading

XO