Chapter 5 - Monday

Eva's POV

------------------------------------------

The day had finally arrived – the day I would get to see Cameron again. I was so damn excited; it had been six long years since we'd had a real conversation.

I got out of bed and took my time getting ready. I wore the sundress I had bought at the mall on Friday, paired with white low-top Converse sneakers. I curled my hair and did my makeup, wanting to look my best.

Breakfast was a simple bowl of cereal, and then I grabbed my car keys and headed to school.

Bea hadn't arrived yet, but Ciara was already there when I pulled up.

"Hey, girl!" Ciara greeted me, waving from the sidewalk outside the school.

"Hey, you look so good!" I complimented her.

"Thanks, honey. So, you have your date with Cameron today."

I rolled my eyes. "It's not a date! We're just hanging out and grabbing a coffee."

"Fine, fine. But if he pays, then it's a date."

"You know girls can pay too, right?"

"Yeah, I know. I'm just saying."

The bell rang, signaling that we needed to head to our first period. I had photography class, a subject I loved because it allowed me to freeze time and capture memories forever with the click of a button. As I walked into the classroom, I was surprised to see that Cameron was there too. I didn't know he had an interest in photography.

Cameron spotted me from across the room and waved me over to sit next to him.

"Hey, Eva!" he greeted me with a smile.

"Hiii!"

"Are we still on for coffee after school?"

"Duh, why did you think I would have second thoughts?"

"Nooo," he laughed. "It's just been a while since we've talked, you know?"

"Yeah, I know what you mean. But it's okay, relax," I reassured him, placing my hand on his shoulder.

He smiled and looked into my eyes. I felt my cheeks growing warm and quickly looked away, hoping he wouldn't notice that I was blushing. I got so nervous around him.

Cameron's POV

_________________

"Yeah, I know what you mean. But it's okay, relax," Eva said as she put her hand on my shoulder.

I couldn't help but break into a dorky smile as I met her gaze. Her touch was so gentle and calming. I noticed her blushing, and before I could say anything, she looked away.

The school day was coming to an end, and I couldn't wait to see Eva. I really liked her, and I needed to find a way to tell her.

"Hey, Cam. Ready to go?" she asked.

I nodded, feeling a surge of excitement as I led her to my car.

--------------------

Hey guy! short chapter I know but I wanted to get something out before Christmas

Have a happy holiday!

XO