Chapter 16 - Over

As per usual Cam picked me up in this Mustang and we went to dinner.

"Close your eyes."

I shut my eyes tight trying to forget about what I had to do later...

'SUPRISE!"

When I open my eyes, my heart stops and I feel tears well in my eyes. He had set up a romantic picnic on top of our favorite hiking trail. There were candles and little twinkle lights, This was something out of a movie... and my movie was ending. For a moment I was happy but that was squashed quickly with the overwhelming feeling of guilt.

"Do you like it?"

"Cameron... I love it, I love you..."

DAMN IT WHY DID I SAY THAT

His eyes got big and he caressed my cheek.

"I love you too Eva."

We spend the rest of the night talking, eating, and cuddling which was one of our favorite things to do...I'm going to miss it. I'm going to miss his sweet kisses, his kind voice, and his caring embrace.

As the night comes to an end we pack everything up and drive home. Cam walks me to my door.

"Eva... I have something for you.."

He pulls out a small velvet cover box. Inside was a silver necklace with my name engraved on it.

I reach down and grab the box, At first staring in aw but I come to my senses and do what I never thought I would

I reach down and grab the box, At first staring in aw but I come to my senses and do what I never thought I would... I slowly closed the box, I can't believe I'm doing this. I saw everything with Cameron, I saw life, a future, and a family all about to be ruined.

"Eva..."

"Cameron I can't do this... It's over." I hand back his box and run inside shutting the door.

I run-up to my room, slam my door and cry. Everything I have been holding Just came flying out. My eyes were no longer eyes but faucets that couldn't be turned off.

That night I climbed into bed lifeless and I fell asleep but this time, No Cameron only the faint scent of his cologne was left and it killed me.

- Next day-

I was woken up by the smell of fresh coffee and donuts, I run downstairs to see Bea and Ciara with food. They turn and look at me with pity, My hair was a mess and my eyes were puffy from the night before.

"Eva..."

"Ciara don't."

We all sit down and enjoy an awkward breakfast of coffee and donuts. None of us said anything to each other. 

"Eva, what happened?"

I make up some bullshit excuse as to why I broke up with him. They didn't completely buy it but they stopped asking.

I love Cameron, I love him so much that I had to let him go. Maybe one-day things will be different but for now, it has to be this way. 

All I knew now was that We had prom in 4 weeks and then graduation the month after. All I wanted to do is be with Cameron, He made me a better me and made me feel loved. 

But instead, I have to go to my senior prom with Logan...

------------------

Imma just leave this chapter here...

Love you all!

XO