Chapter 38

The winter skies of red and surroundings were being lit up with the lights from explosions and lasweapons firing en masse. Jonathan jumped his mech over a small set of rubble and when he hit the ground a moment later, the rubble was obliterated by a triplet of rocket while the Chaos marines tried to run after him at full tilt.

The fighting was all around Jonathan while he jumped and strafed his Sentinel around through the frozen wasteland that was being torn up and shredded by the two opposing forces that currently fought over it tooth and nail. Drake and Jonathan were still up and running around with their Autocannons shredding clumps of the enemy around them while the Inquisitor and the others were slogging their way with the vehicles through the treacherous snow drifts while fighting off the Cultists and the Traitor Guardsmen that still were around them.

Jonathan juked to the left from a missile headed for him from a group of entrenched Cultists before him and while he realigned his autocannon and when he pressed his firing stud, the cannon roared a stream of shells that pulverized the small hill and then turned it red with the remaining paste from the cultists. But Jonathan kept running his small mech by the hill as he was trying to get back to Haydrax and the others with Drake about a few hundred meters to Jonathan's right while Haydrax was now still about a whole thousand meters away.

The reason for why both Sentinel pilots had gone away so far was because of the fact they had been trying to help out other Imperial Guardsmen around them in the fight until at least the line could be a little bit more condensed. Of course, as one could imagine, this meant they were constantly using gas and ammo to shred up positions while dodging rockets, lasbeams, grenades, and the like from every angle.

But even now he had taken and was taking a little bit of fire from the Traitor Guardsmen that were nipping and nicking his sentinels armor hull and while Jonathan juked his Sentinel again to feel then something explode nearby and he jumped his mech over some frozen rocks to then turn and see a Traitor Leman Russ moving up with at least three squads worth of Cultists and Traitor Guardsmen and while its turret tried to track Jonathan and his Sentinel, the bolter sponsons on the tanks left side tracked him and fired a stream of bolt shells his way which Jonathan quickly tried to evade or be destroyed entirely.

The Sentinel soon was behind a small outcropping while it dropped into a small gully and while Jonathan was getting closer to Haydrax, that Lena arias was going to be a big problem unless they dealt with it.

So, he popped out again and as he trained his autocannon towards the direction it once had been from where he stood, the Leman Russ was grinding its way through the snow and ice while the troops were about a hundred meters before it.

Jonathan depressed the firing stud and the autocannon roared as shells scream and slammed into the hull of the tank with huge fours of sparks and smoke that obscured it while the Traitor guardsmen and the cultists all scattered for cover. Jonathan stopped after a few seconds of firing but then the tank answered as the shell exploded at his Sentinels feet, knocking it off balance and forcing Jonathan to quickly scramble to keep the walker from toppling over.

Lasshots sparked off his armor while he got it back onto its two feet and while he moved to strafe the tank from behind, the tanks sponson fired another stream of bolter shells while the tank tried to keep its rear from getting shot by his autocannon. For Jonathan, it was hard not having the bolter tear up his Sentinel in anyway and while he galloped the walker across the wastes, snow billowed up into a small blanket of smoke-like cover but it didn't get high enough to cover his Sentinel.

Another shell from the Leman Russ screamed by him and exploded somewhere off in the distance but Jonathan fired another stream of shells that did put some pockmarks in the tanks hull but still nothing penetrated through.