Chapter Four:

Chapter Four:

Hey! So, thank you so much for sticking with the story for so long! You have no idea how much it means to me. Also, I'd absolutely love some feedback, so message me, comment, and vote if you like the story! I promise to respond to each and every thing you say.

*****Niall's POV*****

That night I couldn't sleep. I kept replaying Jax storming off the balcony and Rory's devastated face the minute after he said those words that angered his cousin so much. I still couldn't understand what was so bad about Rory wanting someone to have a party. Maybe Jax wanted Rory to spend more time with her, but something told me that Jax wasn't the clingy type of girl.

At 7 in the morning, I was still awake. I finally gave up any hope of getting sleep and went over to the kitchen to look for food. I rummaged through the cabinets and refrigerator, but the only thing I could find was uncooked ravioli and an old orange. I decided I might as well go over to one of the other lad's flats and see if they had any food.

I left my flat and walked over to Liam's. He out of the all the boys would be the least likely to get mad at me for waking them up this early. I hammered on his door until I was met with a very tired, very grumpy Liam.

"What the hell are you doing, Niall," Liam groaned.

"I can't sleep and I ran out of food, so you should let me in and feed me before I have a meltdown," I said, walking into the well-furnished flat. Liam just rolled his eyes and followed me back inside.

"How was the dinner?" Liam asked me. I got home late because I hung out with the twins after Rory returned from talking to Jax, and never got a chance to talk to any of the lads about what happened.

"Weird," I said through a mouthful of Lucky Charms. Liam raised his eyebrows, waiting for me to elaborate. I swallowed a big gulp of marshmallows and continued. "We were all having a really good time and I was getting on really well with Jax, but then Rory said something that I figure really upset her because she stormed into her room and I haven't seen her since."

"Jax is Mick and Rory's cousin, right?" Liam checked. I nodded. "Well, what was it that Rory said?"

"I dunno, something about wanting to have a party. It was weird because the moment after Ror said it, he looked as though he knew he had just fucked up really badly," I said, remembering Rory's guilty looks.

"Did you ask them why Jax got mad?" Liam questioned.

"Of course I did, but they just said that Ror said something that brought up some really bad memories for Jax and that I should wait until Jax felt she was ready to tell me," I said, shoving more cereal into my mouth.

"Are you going to try to get closer with her, then?" Liam asked. I had to pause and think about this question. I definitely liked Jax, but would she even bother telling me what Rory did wrong? Would she even trust me with something like that? I had only known her for all of two days.

"I guess. But, I'm not even sure if she likes me," I sighed.

"Do you like her?" Liam asked simply.

"Well, obviously I do! She's really cool, and she's funny and down-to-earth, not to mention completely gorgeous..." I trailed off, getting lost in thought about Jax.

Liam grinned. "You fancy her, don't you?" I nearly choked on my cereal.

"What? No. Definitely not. Not even a possibility. I don't even think I'm allowed to fancy her," I said in a rushed tone, although I felt as though I was trying to convince myself more than Liam.