Chapter Sixteen:

A/N: And here's another chapter! It's the last thing before the boys leave for the US tour. Then things will get ugly. So when I woke up today, this story went from maybe 1,000 something reads to over 4,000. THAT'S CRAZY! And I'm obsessed with all of you commenting, it seriously makes my day a million times over. I love you all so much it's insane.

Sooooo, here's the chapter!

"Six days. That's it. Just six days," Niall said to me as I buried my head into his chest.

"But then it's three months," I whispered.

"Hey, I might be able to visit. Don't worry about it, I can figure it all out," he murmured into my hair. I squeezed my eyes tighter and inhaled his indescribable yet incredibly comforting scent. "You're going to be fine, you hear? Just fine. You'll start school and make tons of friends and it will all be okay in the end. I promise."

"Promise you'll try to visit, though?" I whimpered, propping my chin on his chest, looking into his eyes.

"I'll try, babe, I really will. And we can call each other every day," Niall reassured me.

"I'm going to miss you so much," I sighed.

"I will, too. But we'll get through it. You'll have Rory here and your family, and that'll help," Niall promised.

I didn't know how I was supposed to respond when I was overcome with emotion, so I stood up on my tiptoes and planted a kiss on Niall's lips. He kissed back and I took in all the perfect little details of this moment, locking them in my mind for safe keeping.

"Just six days," Niall said when he broke away.

"Okay. I'll see you then," I said. Niall pecked me once more before walking back to his car. I waved to him, but I wasn't sure he saw it through the suffocating black of the night.

I watched the taillights pull away and fade into the distance before turning to the house.

When I walked in, there was no noise and only a light in the living room. I walked in and saw my cousin passed out on the couch, the television on silent in front of him.

"Rory! Rory, I'm back," I said, shaking his shoulder.

"What?! Jax! You're home! I was waiting up for you," Rory said groggily but happily while stretching his long arms above his head.

"I can see that," I laughed. "Where are Jess and Danny?" I asked after noting the quiet house.

"Out of town. They get back the day after tomorrow, so I'm taking you to all of your school stuff until then," Rory said distractedly as he grabbed one of my bags and headed up the stairs. I followed him, lugging up my other suitcase and backpack.

"Of course they're gone," I mumbled.

"What?" Rory turned around.

"I just wish they were here more often," I said.

We walked into my room and dropped the bags on the ground.

"They will be. It's just that it's the summer and they want to be with their friends before Dad goes back on full-time work and Mum starts up at her office again," Rory comforted me.

"It's weird not having Mick here," I said, changing the subject.

"I know. Just think about when I leave, though!" Rory joked, elbowing my waist.

"Please don't remind me," I groaned.

"Hey, I'm just kidding. I'll always be a drive away. And you have your license now, so you can drop by whenever you please," Rory reminded me. I had gotten my license before the tour, so I was able to drive wherever I wanted now.