Chapter Nine:

Chapter Nine:

A/N: I'm BACK! Camp was the most amazing thing ever, but I'm pretty damn happy to see friends/plumbing/technology. So here's the next chapter! Thank you all for sticking with me this long! Gimme feedback! Love you all bunchesJ

(Jax's POV)

I couldn't believe that we were leaving the beach house already. That week or so had really gone by fast. Even though I love the fast-paced life that cities contain, I would miss having this little bubble that was cut out from reality.

"You okay, Jax?" Niall asked, squeezing my hand.

"Mhmm," I mumbled.

We were all driving back to London, and Niall and I were in the back seat of the boys' large car. I was sandwiched between Harry and Niall in the middle seat. Although I had begged to get a window seat, I was stuck in between the two boys because they argued that the smallest person should have the smallest seat.

In reality, I wasn't completely fine. Of course I was happy to be with Niall and to have had such a wonderful time at the beach, but every moment I spent with my friends was like a countdown until school started and the boys, Mick and Rory left.

"Jax, do you have your license?" Niall asked abruptly.

"Um, yeah, but it's a California license, so I don't think it's valid in the UK," I answered, confused.

"Can I teach you how to drive?" Niall asked in a matter-a-fact tone.

"I already know how to drive, Niall," I laughed.

"Not on the right side of the road, you don't," Niall insisted.

He had a point, even though I didn't want to admit it. Sure, I loved London, but I felt like getting a license here would be like admitting that this situation was permanent.

"Please, Jax?" Niall pleaded.

"Ugh, fine! Fine, Niall, you can teach me how to drive on the wrong side of the road, okay?" I groaned.

Niall got a huge grin and plastered a sloppy kiss on my cheek.

"Ew, save the PDA!" Zayn yelled. In return, Niall proceeded to kiss me on the lips. We both laughed into the kiss, knowing that we were annoying the other boys.

Maybe permanent wouldn't be so bad.

..................

"Okay, so to turn on the car, you put the key in the ignition-"

"Niall, I know how to drive, remember?" I reminded him.

It was about 7 in the evening and we were sitting in Niall's brother's old truck in the driveway of my family's house. We had gotten back from the beach about four days ago, and Niall was now fulfilling his promise of teaching me how to drive.

"Oh, right. So then, pull out of the driveway, but just go onto the left side of the road," Niall instructed.

I shifted the truck into drive and drove out onto the left lane of the road.

"Oh. Wow, that was actually really good," Niall said, a little surprise surfacing in his voice.

"See? I told you that I could drive," I said smugly.

"Well, let's put it to the test, then," Niall replied, a devious grin on his face.

"Oh god, there is no way that this can be good," I groaned, trying to keep my eyes on the road.