Chapter Ten:

A/N:

Hey guys! What's going on? Sorry for the slow updates, I really am! But, I did say that this year would be crazy for me, and it is! SO MUCH WORK! Anyways, back to the story. I know that nothing has happened recently with Niall and Jax, but that's because they've only been dating for, like, a month remember? I'm going to try to get some good juicy drama in this chapter, but if it doesn't make it in, please keep reading because things will definitely get crazy once Niall leaves for tour. PINKY PROMISE! Anyways, vote, comment, you know the drill! Thanks so much for reading this far and believing in me. My heart gets a little happier every time I see a read, vote or comment (singular because there's only been one... thanks xRandomxx means a lot!). Hope you like this chapter! I'll try to make it a good one!

P.S. check the author's note at the end of this chapter! It's important!!

**Niall's POV**

I woke up early, partly because of the sun streaming in through the windows, but mostly because I felt a small body shift near me. When I opened my eyes, I saw the top of a curly, brown-haired head curled up next to me, with my arms around her tiny frame. Jax. I shifted slowly, not wanting to wake her, and turned her sleeping body so it was facing me.

My eyes took Jax in, trying to memorize her while she was free from all worry and sadness. Her arms were wrapped around her waist and she had little goose bumps on her arms. I unlatched her hands and traced her smaller one with my larger. She had long, skinny fingers, and there was a little gold ring on her pinky that I hadn't noticed before. I looked closer and could see a little inscription on it that read Jacqueline Belle Lexington. It must be her name. She had long fingernails, except for her thumbnails, which were bitten down to the quick.

As my eyes made her way up her arms, I took in the sharpness of her shoulder bones and the deep indentations of her collarbones. She had a long, slender neck that curved upwards to support her heart-shaped face. Her mouth was small, barely bigger than her nose, and her bottom lip was fuller than her top. Her nose was covered with a sprinkling of freckles that you could only see if you were really close to her. Jax's eyes were closed, but while I couldn't see their color, their size was still evident. There was a brown ringlet of hair that hung down in the middle of her face that moved whenever she breathed out.

It was then that it hit me how lucky I was to have Jax. She was different than anyone else because she treated me as though I was anyone. I didn't get her special treatment, which I loved. I got the full range of Jax, the good and the bad. I didn't get to pick in choose, which is good, because I didn't want to. I got her sarcasm, her laugh, her tears, her shouts, her quirks, everything. I got Jax, just the way she was. And for me, that was perfect.

**Jax's POV**

I woke up, but I didn't open my eyes immediately. I stretched my legs, pointing my toes. When I finally let my eyes flutter open, a pair of blue green ones staring back at me greeted me.

"Hey there sleepy head."

"Hey, Ni," I smiled, realizing he had his arms around my waist.

"Sleep well?" Niall asked in a deep, scratchy morning voice.

"Like a baby," I smiled.

"I didn't hear any crying, so I think that statement is false," Niall poked my cheek, grinning.

"Well, I slept like someone who was up until 4 in the morning, then," I settled.

"Fair 'nuf."

I craned my neck behind me to see the clock, which read 11:16.