Chapter Eighteen:

***Jax's POV***

I woke up late at Lacey's house. Not only head, but also my entire body throbbed with a dull ache. I tried lifting my hand to rub my head and it felt like lifting fifty pounds. I let out a groan and stepped out of the bed. Black spots rushed to my vision and I fell back down with dizziness circling my brain.

I waited a couple minutes before trying to get up again, this time slower. I didn't fall, so I figured it was okay to walk to the kitchen where Lacey undoubtedly was. As I walked, I took note of the clothing I wore. The same t-shirt from last night and a pair of sweatpants that was too big. I felt my hair, which seemed to be tangled in a bunch on top of my head.

When I came into the kitchen, Lacey was sitting at the table just as I had expected. What I didn't expect was the extremely concerned look she gave me as I sat down.

"What?" I asked in a raspy voice.

"Are you okay?" Lacey asked.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I replied.

"Wait...you actually don't remember, do you?" Lacey asked me. I crinkled my eyebrows in confusion. Now that I come to think of it, I could barely make out any distinct memories from last night. "Last night?" Lacey prodded.

I bit my lip and shrugged.

Lacey sighed.

"Could you just tell me what you keep asking about?" I groaned. I felt a little bad about snapping at my friend, so I smiled a bit.

"Do you even know how many drinks you had last night?" Lacey asked. I shook my head, which hurt. "By half ten, you'd had at least eight."

"And after that?" I questioned.

"After that you went with Well and her friends to the basement..." Lacey trailed off.

"And?" I asked.

"When I came down to find you, you were passed out," she said awkwardly.

I kept quiet for a bit before speaking.

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure, because you can tell me," Lacey said.

"I know. I'm fine. Don't worry," I said as calmly as I could. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, anything," Lacey said. Her eyebrows crinkled and her eyes looked sharply at me. Or into me, I wasn't exactly sure.

"How many drinks did I have last night?" I asked.

"Oh. I don't know..." Lacey trailed off. I could tell she wanted some big confession, but that wasn't happening. I was fine. I was also waiting for Lacey to fucking answer me. "Eight, nine, maybe ten. I'm not sure."

There we go.

"Wow. Look Lace, I have to go. I've got work I need to finish," I say, suddenly looking around for my bag.

"Are you sure? You don't even want breakfast?" Lacey asked. She looked a little hurt.

"I think I'll grab some at home. Do you know where my things are?" I asked.

"Yeah, hallway. Keep the pants with you. You can give them back to me tomorrow or something, okay?" Lacey said. "Do you want me to drive you home?"

"I think I'll walk, thanks though," I said, going towards the door. Lacey walked with me and I paused as I opened it. "And thanks for making sure I didn't seriously fuck myself over last night," I grinned.

"Anytime babe. Just know that you owe me," Lacey smiled back.

I waved and closed the door to begin the three-mile walk. As I meandered down busy streets I checked my phone because let's be honest, I'm a teenage girl. What the hell else was I going to do?