Just Another Plan

Heroes of Townsville: Chapter 29

(Butch's P.O.V.)

The silhuette of a huge figure approaching our direction could be seen from afar. It seems that every advance in movement it makes, the ground would shake violently.

"This feels exactly like that earthquake that happened at the school," I thought.

"Hohoho! I'm back~" a loud gay voice thundered all over the place.

"HIM," Buttercup whispered looking terrified of the large figure.

"What? It's just HIM, we can take him on," I told Buttercup.

"No, not down here, this is his home, this place is where he is at his strongest!" she said.

"Oh, please, what's a gay jester devil dude gonna do, anyway?" I said loud enough that HIM would hear it.

"I am not gay!!!" HIM said in a thundering voice once more. "I'm just a little misunderstood, that's all."

"Well, to be honest, your fashion style isn't really the best around, it makes you look gay," Blossom comments.

"It's not bad to be gay as long as you think it's you," Bubbles said in a kind tone.

"Do you miniscule children think that this is a game?!" HIM's voice thundered angrily.

"We're no children, we are the ones who are gonna put you in your place!" Brick said while pointing at the gigantic silhuette of HIM.

"Try me," HIM said in a menacing tone.

"We will!" Boomer said then he flew up to HIM's level. He blasted forward and prepared his bat to attack, but before he could even get near HIM, he was sent flying away and he hit a far away rock.

"Yep, he's strong," Boomer groaned.

Bubbles was shocked and came running towards Boomer to help him.

"We need a plan..." Blossom whispered.

"On it," Brick said thinking of a plan. "Butch, Buttercup, you two go distract HIM, or whatever while we think of a plan."

"Sure thing," Buttercup and I nodded, then we flew away.

"So, what do you suppose we should do?" I asked Buttercup.

"I have no idea...," Buttercup said, "let's just do whatever comes to mind that may distract HIM."

I looked up and I finally saw HIM's hat bells, or something. "I think we're high enough."

"Hm?" we suddenly heard a loud, thundering voice. HIM turned around and was surprised to see Buttercup and I flying right behind his head, then he said in a menacing voice. "What do you want."

"Don't just stay there scared, do something, for God's sake!" Buttercup said nudging my side. Oh man, I can't think of anything! Goddammit!

"Uh... uh," I stuttered. Oh, wait, he's like... the devil isn't he?...  hmmm...

"We wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, and a happy New Year!" I suddenly sang. Oh boy, what the hell is wrong with me?

"What?! What the heck was that?!" Buttercup yelled.

"Hey, I did my best, woman! I thought that song would be helpful in some way," I argued.

"How was that helpful?" she asked crossing her arms.

"Because he's a goddamn devil and Christmas is like the birthday of-" I tried explaining but then I was cut off by Brick talking to me telepathically. "Oh, wait, hold on a minute..."