A/N: New PPGZ Fanfic! The Mysteries of New Townsville

Table of Contents
I. Introduction
II. New Fanfic Title & Book Cover
III. Description
IV. Questions and Answers

I. Introduction

     Wahh! Greetings and salutations fellow Powerpuff Girls Z fans! Boy do I have a surprise for you!

     If for some reason you still have this book in the dusty depths of your Wattpad library and you got a notification about an update on this random fanfic that ended over two years ago, it would probably just remind you to remove it from your now more "sophisticated and grown up" library (probably smut) OR it made you feel the cold hard wave of nostalgia wash over you, nothing in between (well...). If you're here reading this then you're probably the latter. Now after getting reminded that this book exists, you might feel like re reading this fanfic, but how about I save you all the cringing from trying to read my horrible 12-15 year old self's story writing by bringing to you a brand new slightly less horribly written Powerpuff Girls Z fanfiction? No one asked for it but you definitely need it if you're reading/ have already finished reading this fanfic.

     This news from me wouldn't be much of a surprise actually if you follow me on Instagram @kaobutch.lover where I gave teasers and updates about my new fanfic titled "The Mysteries of New Townsville" that I published literally just now!

II. New Fanfic Title & Book Cover

THE MYSTERIES OF NEW TOWNSVILLE (A POWERPUFF GIRLS Z FANFICTION)

*I know the cover's kinda sucky, I'm not that great with book covers lololol. Art is drawn by me in case you're wondering.*

III. DESCRIPTION

     When a volcano near the city of New Townsville spontaneously threatens to erupt, a young scientist decides to test out an experimental chemical on the magma in hopes of neutralizing the volcano. Though it seemingly worked, the beams of light scattered throughout the city caused mysterious things to happen.

     Three teenagers Momoko Akatsutsumi, Miyako Gotokuji, and Kaoru Matsubara were among those hit by the scattered beams, causing them to gain superhuman abilities. Recruited by some scientists, it is now up to them to investigate and protect the citizens from the mysterious monsters that appeared in the city.

     Science and superstitions collide, the past and future both uncertain. Will the girls be able to stop the mysteries that slowly grow and loom over the city? How will they balance their double life with their personal endeavors? What risks are they willing to take?

IV. Questions and Answers

*I will be updating this section whenever a new relevant question pops up about the fanfic or me as an author so feel free to ask!*

Q: What is the fanfic about?

A: It will follow the story of three teenage girls, Momoko, Miyako, and Kaoru, as they battle against powerful Z monsters while balancing their superhero lives with their teenage lives.

Q: Is the new fanfic (The Mysteries of New Townsville) connected to this fanfic (Heroes of New Townsville (Greens))?

A: Nope, the TMoNT will mostly be a rewritten version of the actual plot of the anime, kind of like an AU but not really. Most of the concepts from the anime will still be present but with my own little twists added to them. I will also be adding a lot of my own stuff as well.

Q: Will it be mostly action or romance?

A: The main story will mostly focus on the action and suspense, it will not lean so much on the romance side as most other fanfictions do, the fluffy stuff would just be a side plot. I also just want to make most of the story feel real and natural, character's life should be filled with only action or only romance, so I'll be writing the story with a mix of both plus more.

Q: What is the overall mood of the story?

A: It would be a more serious take on the Powerpuff Girls Z story, like a more mature version (13+) with stronger language and actual real life themes, but it won't be all gloom and seriousness as I would still try my best to give it the charm the anime had.

Q: How would the characters be changed to fit the story?

A: I changed up their designs quite a bit, but still following their anime designs heavily. I also tweaked their personalities a bit so that they wouldn't have just the stereotypical anime character personality tropes and instead just feel a slight bit more relatable. What personality changes did I make? Welp, please read "The Mysteries of New Townsville" to find out!

V. Final Remarks

I took a year long break from creating and consuming PPGZ related content (which includes PPGZ fanfics and fanarts) after slowly losing interest in it because of other fans, and during that year I thought that I would not be coming back to the fandom or at least not be able to enjoy sketching the characters like I used to.

I slowly found my way back into Wattpad initially just wanting to check out how my account has been doing the past year, but after a wave of nostalgia washed over me by looking over my published fanfics, I found myself searching for any new PPGZ fanfics. I was not disappointed at all and found myself invested in PPGZ again. After reading the fanfics I felt inspired and went back into drawing and writing Powerpuff Girls Z content once again, and I love it! I also want to give people something to be able to rekindle their love for Powerpuff Girls Z and so here I am!

I know that this had already been quite a long author's note, but I just want to give Destiny_Caos a mention because even though they probably don't know me, they are now my PPGZ fanfiction senpai and I want them to notice me. It was because of their books "Powerpuff Girls Z: Happy Days" and its sequel "Powerpuff Girls Z: New Doors" that I relapsed into drawing and writing PPGZ again lololol. Give those a read too, really good stuff.

I have also read "I Can't Love a Bad Boy, Can I?" written by idieh17 (hi, you also probably don't know me but I loved that fic, just wanted to let you know lololol) which also contributed a lot to me returning to the PPGZ fandom which was also really really great, so give it a read as well!

I guess that's it you guys, please check out my new fanfic "The Mysteries of New Townsville"! I promise it's written way better than this one. I already published the first three chapters by the way and I'll be updating it weekly (for the month of October at least). Please consider following me on Instagram @kaobutch.lover for updates on my story for when I can't upload or whatever, plus I also post my fan arts there! Bye guys! Hope to see you over at "The Mysteries of New Townsville"!