t w o

Wendy blinked at her screen.

A moment later a loud bang startled her and the phone slipped from her fingers. She turned her head towards the door and groaned when she saw who it was.

"MARK!" She yelled when she saw her brother stroll in like he owned the place. "GET OUT OF MY ROOM!"

Mark was unaffected by her tone and anger, he gave her a brief look before walking to her desk.

"Stop screaming like you're in labour" He brought his phone out from his pocket and plugged it in the charger hanging beside the desk.

"That's my charger!" Wendy's eyes were wide and beyond angry. Mark rolled his eyes dramatically.

"Wendy, Wendy, Wendy..." He cooed giving her a sympathetic look. He joined his hands and rested his chin on top of them.

"How many times do I have to tell you? I'm the elder one here, so by default everything in the house first belongs to me" He tapped her chin and spun around. Wendy glared at his head.

I have a bully in my own home, hell, in my own room!

She groaned into the pillow and screeched, "I hate you."

Mark stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked out like it was just another winter day, but hot before yelling, "The feeling is mutual!"

She quickly got up and hurried down the stairs to ghetto kitchen. She had to get rid of the evidence before Sherlock came accusing her.

When she entered the kitchen she groaned into her hands, the devil was already inspecting the bag of empty chips on the kitchen island.

"Burgers and chips, huh, didn't leave anything for me?" He mocks tossing the papers in the dustbin.

"You weren't supposed to come home till another two hours" Wendy commented.

Mark faced her with a neutral expression. "And you weren't supposed to pop out seventeen years ago, but here you are"

Wendy narrowed her eyes at him.

Typical big brother.

"I pity your girlfriend" Said Wendy aloud. "She has to deal with an arrogant jerk like you"

"And I pity your poor self" Mark said taking a swig from his beer bottle. "Getting beaten up by a bunch of girls. That's quite a shame."

Wendy wanted to rip her hair apart. She glared at Mark who walked towards his room and shut the door. She ran to the bathroom and saw her reflection again.

Multiple cuts were sprinkled across her round face. The skin below her left eye had big patch of bruise covering it. The eye was swollen and pinkish. Her lips were busted and her chin hurt beyond imagination.

She didn't understand why Rita had done what she did. After all, Rita was the one who was hooking up with her boyfriend.  Now she couldn't even skip school because she had missed an entire week due to her cousins wedding. 

Even her best friends had decided this was the best time to show their true colors and had resorted to give Wendy the cold shoulder. She had no one to talk to anymore.

Life was getting worse day by day for Wendy, her interest was slowly fading from the things that once gave her unbound happiness. Nothing was going right.

Wendy picked her phone from her bed and stared at it for a long time before unlocking it. When she saw a new message from her anonymous friend, suddenly her heart felt warm. 

At least there is someone, she thought.

Her well wisher claimed to have been friends with her since the time she had just learnt to speak. 

When she saw the reply, she felt her insides tingle.

You'll remember everything if I just say my name. Do you want to know?

Do I really want to know? she thought