4.6

2:38 pm

Why do you say that?

Because I really don't have one.

Okay.

I won't pester for answers.

Hear it out, anyway.

You don't have to.

But I want to.

My mom left my dad when I was seven years old, Sarah was just three.

Oh my God.

I remember that day very well. It was June, the begining of summer vaccation.

We three were away at the amusement park that day, mom didn't join because she said she was feeling nauseous.

Dad refused at first but she convinced him that we needed some fun time.

We had an amazing day, he bought us so many things. Cotton candies, apple tarts, two foot teddy for Sarah, popcorns.

And as a child, we were content because that was the truest form of happiness for us.

When we came home, we were laughing. Dad had put Sarah on his shoulders, she was pulling his hair and playing drums. I was grinning crarrying up the gifts we had won.

Heart filled with mirth and stories we had created.

When we rang the bell, no one answered. After ten minutes of no response, Dad managed to find his house key and unlocked the door.

We were worried that something might have happened to her.

When we checked in the bedroom, the wadrobe was open and empty.

There was a letter on the bed with the house key and her marraige ring.

Damn

You can't even imagine how much it pained to see my dad, my hero, look so heart broken, letting his guard down.

He cried in front of his children that day.

No one slept that night.

The next day, I burnt the letter which made my dad cry.

What did it say?

I didn't read it.

Did you not try to find out what she had written?

Dad told me a few years later that she didn't want a life this plain and simple.

She didn't want to look after two kids and be caged in a house.

Did she ever try to come back?

Never in these ten years.

Listen, I can't to this right now.

Wait!

I know what you desperately need right now.

You need someone to hug you and I wish I was there beside you

I wish I was there to hold your hand and tell you that you're the strongest person I know.

I wish I was there.

[i felt so bad writing this :'(]