Chapter 1

A/N This is my first ever fanfiction, so I hope you like it. I'll try to update it every week but I'm really busy at the moment. Anyway, please comment ways I can improve or if you enjoyed it. 

Steve was curled up beneath Bucky's chin, like he had so many years ago when his parents had died. Bucky had always been there for him.

"Buck? Bucky you want coffee?" Steve asked and he unfurled himself from under Bucky's heavy metal arm "Mmmm. Yeah." Replied Bucky, half asleep, as he rolled over to let Steve go from his tight embrace.

Ever since Bucky had been woken up from his cryogenic sleep after Tony had found out that he had killed his parents, the only way he could sleep was with the feeling of Steve's body beneath him. Steve grabbed the coffee and boiled the kettle.

Steve reached for Bucky's arm. His hand brushed against Bucky's cold metal arm and he felt his heart skip a beat. He lived for Bucky and Bucky lived for him. All they had was each other but that was all they needed. Little did they know their lives were about to change forever.

Steve collapsed back onto the bed and hung his arm round the back of Bucky's pillow. He rolled over and put his head on Steve's warm, bare chest. Steve tucked his nose into the crown Bucky's thick, fluffy hair. Neither of them of them were paying attention to the TV. Steve looked down at Bucky. He loved to watch him sleep, so peaceful yet so deadly.

Steve smiled as he saw Bucky's eyelids flutter. He felt so close to Bucky, so intimate. "Steve? Steve are you there? Steve please!" He started to panic. "Buck, Buck its ok I'm here" Steve said as he stroked Bucky's thick mop of long, black hair. Steve felt Bucky relax again as his body slowly slipped off Steve's.

Steve chuckled to himself and turned his attention to the TV. He picked up his coffee from the side table. He grabbed the TV remote from the floor next to his bed. He flicked through the TV channels without taking much attention to what was playing.

He was about to flick through the news channel. He stopped. Steve looked at the TV and then at Bucky. Then back at the TV. The coffee cup hit the floor with a loud smash.

"Bucky? Buck, get up. Bucky, get up. Now!" He started to shake Bucky "Bucky! Get up!" he shouted. He was already up and reaching for his shield. "What? Steve? Steve where are you? Steve? Steve?!" Bucky shouted, he felt insecure without Steve at his side. "Buck, hey its ok, I'm here." Steve said as he pulled his uniform over his tight white shirt.

Bucky was up and dressed before Steve had finished changing. "I guess you're used to having to get dressed quickly, hey Buck." Steve asked with a chuckle. He walked over to Bucky and lifted his head. "Hey. Look at me. Look at me Buck. I love you and I'm not going to let anything happen to you."

Steve said as he kissed him lightly on the forehead. Bucky smiled a loving smile, but his eyes still looked confused as he lent in to kiss Steve lightly on the cheek before he tucked one of his seven knives down his boot. He then grabbed his .22 from the bedside table on his side of the bed. "Bucky, you don't need all this." He shook his head at all of Bucky's different weapons.

BANG! The door came off its hinges and Bucky reached for his throwing blade.