Chapter 5

Clint knew Steve liked the old ways, and probably wouldn't have a cell phone so he found the radio frequency of the café Steve had been sat in, after it had been shown on the news after the second bombing, and he hacked into it. He began to send a Morse code message to Steve:

··· - · ···- ·,  -·-- --- ··-    -·-· ·- -·  ··· - ·- -·--    ·-- ··· - ····    ·-·· ·- ··- ·-· ·-  ·- -· -··

···    ··-· --- ·-·    ·-    ·-- ···· ··· ·-·· ·,  ··· ··-·    -·-- --- ··-    -· · · -··.  -·-· ·-·· ··· -· -

After sending the message several times, just to make sure they would get it, he put the clicker down beside him. He walked over behind Laura and kissed her lightly on the back of her neck.

"Hey Honey. I've got to go to ummmm --to Brooklyn for a while, just to help a friend. It'll only be over the weekend." He stammered.

Ever since Pietro had been born, Laura had been very protective of Clint. She hated the idea that one day he might not come back, and that she'd have to raise their three children herself.

"This is about Steve and Bucky, isn't it?" She sighed. "Go. But you had better be back for when the dining room widows come. Three days ok?" Laura replied. She knew that there would be no changing his mind. If he wanted to go, he would go.

"Is it ok if they stay with us? No-one knows about this place and they need someplace to stay." Laura looked up into his deep brown eyes and sighed. "They can help with the dining room?" Clint said optimistically.

"Okay. But as soon as they can, they have to go. We barely have enough room as it is, with three small and energetic children. But I understand. They're your friends and you want to protect them. They can stay."

She Reached up to him and pulled his head down to her height. "I love you. Be careful." She pressed a hard kiss on his lips "I love you too." He replied. Clint gathered some clothes and his bow and a few arrows and left.

A/N Sorry for the short chapter, I've been super busy at the moment but I actually learnt Morse Code for this. Yes, I actually did that. But anyway, the next chapter should be longer and hopefully more interesting. Tell me what you think in the comments!