Prologue: Too Much Reading Could Kill

Elle knew her mom was calling her downstairs, but she was too lazy to get up, besides she doesn't have the energy to do so. She has been reading for two whole days. During those two days, she did not eat nor sleep. She knew she needed to eat and sleep, but she was reading a really good book and why would she trade it for sleep or food.

"Elle, come out off your room. You have been in there for two days. You need to eat something. We're really worried about you," she hears her mom shout outside of her room.

"Just a minute. I'm almost finished with my book," Shouted back Ella.

"No, you need to come and eat right now or else I will kick down the door." This time her dad threaten.

"Fine." Elle gets out of her bed and was about to open the door when suddenly her head started to feel dizzy and when she tried to grab the door, it slips out of her hand. The next thing she knew she fell onto the ground.

As if the world was moving really slow she hears her door being a kick and her parent and siblings rushing to her and calling her name. She wanted to answer, but her voice would not come out. Her mouth was moving but no sound was heard. Elle looks at her parent and siblings one by one and regretted not listening to them and spending more time with them. If only she was giving another life than she will devote herself into listen to her parents and spending more time with her siblings, instead of always locking herself in a room and thinking fictional characters are her friends. It is true, it seems like before you die you thought about the thing you can do better as a human being, thought Elle, then she looks at her family one last time before closing her eyes to the darkness.