Chapter 12: First Friend

Next day of school, the same thing happens. Gael escorts Calla to her class, while the girls were staring at her. Lucky for her, when she gets to her seat, Rory was already there, so she doesn't have to worried about being bothered.

When the bell rings, Ms. Moore enters the room and started her lesson. She didn't teach them the alphabet, instead, she starts by writing a sentence and asking each student to read them out loud. Surprisingly all the students were able to read the sentence. She did the same for math and other subjects. She did not teach them the basic. The students were not complaining either because they already study the basic at home before they started school.

Calla was glad that she had learned how to read before started school or else she would have been left behind.

The lunch bell ring and all the students went to get lunch, except for the male lead, the protagonist and Calla. Calla was glad that the male lead did not go to eat lunch at the lunchroom because when he's by her side no one bother her and she like that.

Calla opens her lunch box that was prepared by the cook and started eating without a care in the world. After a while, she needed a drink so she raises her head to grab the water bottle that was next to her when she saw the protagonist standing in front of her, smiling.

"Hi, I'm Daisy," greeted Daisy.

Calla looks around to see if the protagonist was really talking to her or to someone else.

Daisy laughs seeing Calla confuse face, "Are you not gonna introduce yourself."

"Sorry," apologize Calla. "My name is Calla."

"Nice to meet you, Calla."

"Nice to meet you too," whisper Calla.

"You must be wondering why I'm talking to you, right?"

Calla nodded.

"I just wanna talk to you about your lunch."

Calla looks up at Daisy. She was surprised that the female lead was straight forwarded. "Why?"

"Sorry, I know is not proper, but I was just surprised that there was another person, other than me that bring lunch to school."

"Is it really that surprising?"

"Yes, since the cafeteria food tastes really good."

"True," agreed Calla. "I only bought food because I'm afraid to eat in the cafeteria."

"Why?" Question Daisy.

"Because if I eat there all the girls will come and ask me about my brother. He's really popular."

"Is your brother, Gael?"

"Yes, how do you know?" Surprising Calla.

"Everyone knows. He is very popular among the girls." Daisy looked down at her feet then ask shyly, "Do you mind if I eat with you?"

"Of course not, but where-," Calla look over at the place the male lead was sitting and he was gone, replacing him was the female lead.

Calla and Daisy speak and talks to each other during lunch time, getting to know each other. They both decide they will bring lunch all the time so they could speak to each other more. Daisy was Calla first friend and she was happy about it.

*****
Both Calla and Daisy become closer during their time together. Daisy even invites Calla to her castle and sometimes Daisy would visit Calla as well.

However, Calla notices something when Daisy eats lunch with her. Whenever she eats with Daisy the male lead was nowhere to be seen.

The girls stop approaching Calla when she with Daisy because one time when they were eating lunch, they approach them and by accident a girl bump into Calla and make her drop her food. When Daisy saw that happen she got so furious that she lectures the whole class for the whole day of school. Not even Ms. Moor was able to stop her.

Rory and Daisy never become close, instead, the female lead becomes close to Calla. Calla had little too worried about after becoming friends with the female lead. Daisy and Calla never interact with the male lead in Elementary and Middle school, but High School will be different for all of them, including Gael.

****
I decided to skip their time spent in Elementary and Middle school because it will be boring. Thing will heat up in High School.

Love Author