CH 53: Claiming My Kitkat (Part 1)

KIT'S POV

I left school early today to finish getting supplies for the weekend and to prepare for tonight.

It was so embarrassing buying lube at the store, but I wasn't sure how much we would need. Overbuying or not, that was not something I wanted to risk running out of. I had tried to mix it in with my other purchases, but when the cashier reached the bottom of the basket she gave me a slightly surprised look before ringing up the items. Both of our faces were bright red by the time I walked away from her register.

Back at my dorm, I spend time stocking the fridge with waters, juices, and a mixture of easy snacks. I made dinner with several of Ming's favorite foods and set it aside to keep warm. Finally, when there's about an hour left before he arrives, I jump into the shower to get cleaned up and prepare myself completely for tonight. Now, I'm nervously waiting for Ming to arrive.

When a knock sounds at the door, I jump up from my chair to answer it. Stopping to take a deep breath in, I inhale Ming's wonderful woodsy scent, and let it out slowly before I pull the door open.

--------------------

MING'S POV

It's day 66 that I've known Kit and he's invited me over to his place for dinner tonight. It's another small step forward, since I've never been here before. We're always at my dorm. Admittedly, Kit has been practically living with me since we got back from the Pack House visit, but I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch. I will be patient and keep trying my best, hoping to hear Kit say the words to accept me.

When he opens the door, his scent floods over me and it's hard to catch my breath for a moment, but that could also be because my mate looks so handsome tonight. I survey him from head to toe, and wonder if I saved the nation in my past life. I can't imagine how else I could possibly deserve him.

"P'Kit, you look amazing." I say as I pull a single red rose from behind my back and hand it to him.

His cheeks pink up with a blush and he smiles, then he leans out the door and looks up and down the hall, before jerking me into his room.

He pops me on the forehead with the rose and gives me a grumpy look, "That was too cheesy. What if someone had seen you?"

"I don't care if people see me, P'Kit. I'm proud you're my mate and I'd tell everyone if you'd let me."

I see his cheeks get a little redder at my words before he 'hmphs' and spins away from me, walking towards his little kitchen area. While I kick off my shoes, he pulls a tall cup from the counter and puts some water in it before adding the rose. I watch him take it over to the table near his balcony and place it in the center.

When he sees me watching him he complains, "Are you going to stand there all night while dinner gets cold are you going to come eat?"

I smile at my little tsundere kitty. He's so cute.

---------------------

Dinnertime with Kit is one of my favorite times of the day and tonight is no different. We talk and laugh over our meal, catching up on the little things that happened today for each of us. I always feel close to him during these moments.

I also learned something new about my mate today. My Kitkat can cook! The dinner he made was delicious, and so many of the dishes were my favorite foods. I wanted to lick my plate clean, and only just barely refrained from doing it.

We're done cleaning up now and are putting away the last of the dishes, when Kit says, "N'Ming, I want to talk to you for a bit. Can you take a seat on the couch? I'll be over in just a minute."