17 - Chasing out of Love

When Killua returned from the bathroom, Kalluto and Alluka were the only ones in the room.

"Where's Gon?" The teen asked his younger brother, for Alluka was asleep.

"He went to get food." Kalluto muttered.

Killua narrowed his eyes and put his hands on his hips.

"You're lying."

"I'm not!"

Kalluto moved his eyes away from his older brother.

"Kalluto. Tell me where he is." Killua pressed.

The youngest Zoldyck crossed his arms and met Killua's sharp blue eyes.

He wanted to keep Gon's secret. He liked the compassionate hunter and wanted to keep his trust, but he also knew he'd most likely die if he went to the Zoldyck mansion alone.

He didn't want him to die.

"I'll tell you where he is if you listen to me first."

Killua dropped his arms from his hips, looking at his brother with a more sincere expression.

"Yeah? What's up?"

"Um.." Kalluto twiddled with his fingers, feeling kind of uncomfortable. "I just...want what Alluka has."

The transmuter raised an eyebrow in question.

"I want you to care about me."

"Kalluto..."

"I know it's kinda stupid to request...just thought I'd try."

The violet eyed boy looked to the side; rejected, but was soon engulfed in a pair of pale arms.

"...I never wanted you to follow the path of Illumi, or even Milluki for that matter. I love you little bro, and I'm glad you're here." Killua stated genuinely.

For the first time, Kalluto felt something real. He found people that he cared about, and that cared about him too.

And he cried.

He clutched onto his brother and let his tears leak onto Killua's black shirt.

Killua didn't mind; he hugged back, rubbing his brothers back in reassurance.

"I know we're having a nice brotherly moment right now, but you did promise you'd tell me where Gon is."

Kalluto pulled away and wiped away some of his tears. "...He went to Kukuroo mountain."

Killua stared, wide eyed. "He..wha......that idiot! Kalluto, stay with Alluka!"

The teen sprinted into the hallway. He was only a few hours behind Gon, if he hurried he could make it before anything tragic happens.

However, Killua was already being delayed because he had ran straight into someone in the hall.

He quickly got back up, muttering a 'sorry' before continuing his run, but he felt a tug on his arm that pulled him back.

Spinning around, Killua was met with blonde hair and gray eyes.

"I need to talk to you." Kurapika said, slowly releasing Killua's arm.

The teen didn't have the time to talk, but Kurapika looked extremely sorry. So, he faced the Kurta and crossed his arms.

"Make it quick."