19 - Catching a Break

It had been two hours since Gon was taken away, and finally he was wheeled into Alluka's room, laid on the second bed the room contained.

Alluka was awake now, recovering nicely.

When she first woke up, Killua couldn't stop hugging her and kissing her forehead.

Currently, Kalluto and her were conversing while Killua sat at Gon's bedside.

Leorio had informed the teen that they were able to get Gon's heart working again, but since they didn't know how long he went without breathing...he could be in a coma.

Killua was squeezing Gon's hand so tightly that his normally tan skin was turning white.

Everything was going to be okay.

They had made up.

They were going to be together.

But it seems like the universe just wanted Killua to suffer.

There no more tears the boy could cry; he was well dried out.

His eyes were not as bright blue as they were before; they were dim.

He was glad Kalluto and Alluka were okay, but this was his lover and best friend.

"Damnit....you just keep on hurting me, don't you Gon." Killua whispered, leaning his head on his boyfriends chest.

"...I really am an idiot aren't I?"

Jolting his head up, Killua was met with half opened amber eyes.

"Gon!" The younger Zoldyck siblings yelled in unison.

"Heh...I may be an idiot, but I'd never be weak enough to leave you guys."

Killua threw his arms around Gon in a hug, and leaned in to kiss him like it was the last time they'd ever see each other again.

Gon's lips were slightly dry from not having anything to drink in so long, but Killua didn't care.

This was Gon, and he wasn't dead.

Alluka and Kalluto giggled to each other,calling the affectionate display gross.

This just made Killua comedically kiss Gon's entire face, emphasizing the noise his lips made when they pulled away from his boyfriends skin.

"You did good with this one Killua, I like him." Kalluto commented.

The couple smiled, finally happy to be together.

And they would never separate again.

The small group of four was one big family, and they liked it that way.