Chapter: 8 Sensei

Soul chain:

Did he just say what I think he did? To love someone? Did he just confess to me? And if he did I don't think he's gonna take my silence as a good sighs.

"Sorry if this is sudden..." He adds.

"I just... Never thought much about it..."

"Really it's ok Haruka... I mean after chasing you."

"No, I just need time to think.... It's it a no or... A yes though."

"I get it. It's fine really." He smiles but he winces at the same time. He's a really sweet guy, I mean under the tough guy act and rude boy attitude, he is a caring nice guy.

I wouldn't believe if I didn't live with it almost everyday.

I feel really bad maybe rejecting a person who just attempted suicide though.

"So when can you get out of here?"

"I think by tomorrow."

"Well that's good."

"Maybe you should head home Haruka... Aren't people worried about you?"

"I have more important things to do right now."

He looked at me for a second before he spoke again.

"You don't have to do that for me-"

"But I want to. Unless you really don't want me here, I'm not leaving..."

He slowly smiles and says,

"I don't want you I leave."

So I stay. I sit by his bed side and he slowly starts to tell me more about himself.

"There's not really much to tell."

"Well we could take turns if you want?"

"Ok."

"I'll start! Something you don't know about me... Oh! I secretly am a huge fan of rock music."

"Really?! Me too!" He says.

We both smile and giggle.

"So... Well, something about me is that I secretly love dogs."

"Dogs?! There so cute!" He say.

"But if I told the guys they'd think I'm a pussy or something."

"You don't have to live up to the image your made out to be you know?"

"Well I guess you could say I liked all the attention."

"Attention? Front the girls?"

"Yeah... I liked feeling invincible and like it can have anything I want. When In reality... I don't have anything..."

He yawns and then I speak up,

"You can sleep if you want Ruki. You've obviously had a long day."

"What about you?"

"Don't worry about me." I smile and touch his hand. His eyes flutter and then he quickly sinks into sleep. His breathing becomes consistent and his eyes remained closed. I was just happy that I was there for him... That I can be with someone who notices me.

I must have feel asleep because the when I came in Ruki was busy trying to dress himself without hurting too much. I slowly stand and say,

"You need help?" I gently pull his shirt over his head.

"T-thanks." He says blushing. I just smile and say,

"So I take it you can go?"

"Yeah, Reita should be here soon to come back with me... I didn't want to trouble you anymore."

I stared to think before I objected. He probably didn't want to see me since I said I hadn't made up my mind about his confession. I might be trying to avoid it...

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure?"

"Why did you come and talk to me that day?"

"You mean when we first met?"

"Yeah."

"Funny thing, Reita bet me that I couldn't make you fall for me, so I decided to prove him wrong." He says with a chuckle.

He didn't notice me...

He only did it because he had too...

Just like Satoshi when my brother died...

"Haruka?"

Am I really that unnoticeable?

That uninteresting?

"Earth to Haruka? Hello?" He says to me.

I looked up to him and his eyes were empty. Any answer I was trying to find was pointless.

I ran out of the room before I stared crying. I didn't stop running actually, I ran the whole way back to my house. What the hell? I should have known. It doesn't matter if he says he loves me now or not. If this was because someone told him to, or dared him to, he can leave me the fuck alone. I'm not dealing with people who "have" to put up with me. If it's gonna be this way if rather be alone forever, it's better being alone, the only person who can hurt you is yourself...

Next chapter: evaluation