Chapter: 9 Evaluation

I refused to go to school the next day. My mom didn't really care, she tends not to mess with me when I'm upset. I feel just terrible. No one will care if I'm gone anyway...

"Sweetheart. Someone's here for you."

I slowly pick up my head and see ruki's blonde hair peaks in the room along with the rest if him. He's the last person I wanted to see. 

"I'm sorry your so upset. Did I do something wrong?"

"Its nothing you can help." I say. 

"Its obviously me, because you ran off."

I don't speak. I just keep my head in the opposite direction of him. But that wasn't much help because he puts his hand on my should and my as well have stared my right between the eyes. 

"Just tell me what I did."

"Its not like you would care!" I snap at him. 

"Would I really be here of I didn't care." He's very calm and then turns me towards him. 

"I'm a useless child... I'm not noticed by anyone..." He bellows out in laughter. He's... laughing?

"This is all too familiar. Remember that you said suicide is selfish. Well so is this."

I guess he's right... 

"And think about it. Reita noticed you. I noticed you."

"Only because you had too."

"If you wanna know a secret, I was looking at you before he even said who to make fall for me."

"No way."

"I'm serious!" He chuckles. 

"Don't doubt yourself little miss, your a very special person, just like me."

"And I've fallen. Fallen hard. I don't care anymore if you don't return how I feel, because I thought, always, I could make any girl fall for me... I never thought that I could have been taken over by love so easily. The more walls I built, I thought I could keep serious matters away. You didn't give me anytime to rebuild though, but it's ok... because this feeling is worth it."

I'm speechless. All this.time I thought he was a sex crazed boy like most highschoolers, but there no way he could have made up something up like that. He makes me feel so special. He spends more time with me then anyone now. He may love me but, his first concern is always my wellbeing and how everything is. He doesn't worry about my decision about his love. He deserves an answer. I don't know if he has changed from being near death, or if this Takanori has just been hiding the whole time. 

"You know..."

"Hmm?"

"I was always jealous of those girls who got all your attention."

"Speaking of them, they won't leave me alone! I just wanna stop being such a asshole. I'm done messing with people. I have no use for them anymore. The guys think I'm sick and I am. I'm sick of the norm."

"So am I."

He giggles and then smiles his soft smile at me. 

"So I'm gonna say something crazy."

"Go for it."

"I - I love you."

"Holly shit... really?" His face lights up and he acts like a little kid, pulling me in and squeezing me tight.

"Fuck! I never thought you would say that. That us crazy! I was just waiting for you to let me down."

"You really mean it?" He pulls away.

"I'm not the type of person to say something I'd I don't mean it." I say smiling.

He's so happy he doesn't know how to react. His smile drops and then his hand softly caresses my cheek. I just keep staring at his beautiful light brown eyes. Then the tips of his fingers touch my chin and pull me in gently. His lips touch mine and there's electricity. His soft plush lips dance and tangle with mine. I knew I had a good reason to envy those girls I saw him kissing. His eyes open and his lips pull away. I slowly open my eyes aswell.

"You don't think people like Mao and Satoshi won't be mad?"

"Who gives a fuck if there mad. I dont. They will have to deal with me then. I'll protect you."

"I love you Takanori."

"I love you too... besides if they both cared about you, they would want you to be happy."

Wouldn't they?

So for whatever reason, Ruki convinced me to go to school after lunch and finish the day. I dreaded switching periods, I didn't want to run into anyone. Its the last period of the day and I count down the minutes till the bell releases us. I got a tap on my shoulder however. I was surprised to see the face of Meto looking at me. He gives me a toothy smile and then does a salute motion. I smile back at him and then he frowns when when looks behind me.

"Hey trouble maker." I hear Ruki's voice say from behind me. He hugs me from behind and I look back to Meto, who just slowly shakes his head and sighs. He got up and I saw him head in the direction of the Mejibray room. 

"What the hell are you so worried about?" He says noticing me watching him.

"N-nothing.... nothing at all..."

Next chapter: Alpha