~ Wedding Day ~

~

Feliciano did up his bowtie and made sure his waistcoat was straight for the millionth time that afternoon. He walked over to the open window where the warm summer breeze blew in and looked out on the orchard.

The white chairs that were arranged so there was an aisle in the middle, were being filled with guests. He smiled as he saw Anna, Dave, Angelina and Ciana in the front row. The front row on the other side of the aisle was occupied by Ludwig's friends from Germany who he'd got into touch with when they were over there.

Gilbert and James stood on either side of the arched wedding arbour which was made of branches, twisted into an intricate weave to make the arc. White Cyclamen - the national flower of Italy - along with blue Centaurea - the national flower of Germany - where weaved in with the branches, the colourful flowers contrasting against the wood.

All the seats were full now. Everyone was waiting anxiously and Feliciano tried his best not to start biting his nails out of nervousness. He and Ludwig would walk down the aisle together. They just had to wait for the signal from the priest.

He flinched when he felt arms around his waist from behind and then relaxed when Ludwig's soothing humming quietly drifted through his ears.

"Nervous?"

"Oh, you have no idea." Feliciano laughed lightly and placed his hands over Ludwig's.

"Me too." The German whispered, kissing his cheek. "Me too, Feli."

"I don't know why. But you know I'm not good with big groups of people. All those book signings I went to, I almost fainted half the time with that huge line up of fans." He shook his head lightly. "Why are you nervous?"

"To be honest, I'm just happy-nervous. I'm anxious and I want to just be yours fully." He replied quietly. "And don't worry. I promise, I won't backpedal and say no."

They both smiled at that and Feliciano turned in his arms, stood on his tip-toes and kissed his soon-to-be husband softly.

Both men wore the same thing; crisp white dress shirts, beige waistcoats, and beige dress pants along with their leather dress shoes. It was too hot to wear a tux jacket anyway.

The priest they'd hired worked with the people at city hall who were the ones with all the documents for same-sex marriage. They were lucky Canada had marriage equality and didn't have to take a plane to get married.

They heard a knock on the door and slowly pulled away from each other, breaking the kiss as James smirked at them from the doorway.

"The priest is ready. I mean, I can probably get you guys a few more minutes." He winked, smiling at his own innuendo.

Feliciano and Ludwig smiled at their friend and then made their way out of the old building they'd rented for the reception. There were about 100 people attending the wedding and once they got outside, everyone stood up and smiled as they walked down the aisle and the string quartet - which included Gilbert's husband, Roderich - played Canon in D on the violin and cello.

The Italian grabbed Ludwig's hand as people from Germany that he didn't know too well nodded at him. He smiled nervously and Ludwig chuckled lightly. They reached the arbour and stood beneath it, hands clasped as they stood across from each other as the quartet's music faded.

James - who was Feliciano's best man - smiled at them and Gilbert - Ludwig's best man - was also smiling, proud of his younger sibling.

The priest stepped forward and nodded at the two men, smiling. They nodded and smiled back before turning their gazes back to each other.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here in the sight of God, and in the face of this company, to join together these Men in holy Matrimony; which is an honourable estate, instituted of God, signifying unto us the mystical union that is betwixt Christ and his Church: which holy estate Christ adorned and beautified with his presence and first miracle that he wrought in Cana of Galilee, and is commended of Saint Paul to be honourable among all men: and therefore is not by any to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly; but reverently, discreetly, advisedly, soberly, and in the fear of God. Into this holy estate these two persons present come now to be joined." Father West paused and looked to the attendees. "If anyone can show just cause, why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him now speak, or forever hold your peace."

Some people looked around anxiously and then let out a relieved sigh when no one objected.

Feliciano and Ludwig had memorized the vows so Father West nodded at them before saying, "Mr. Beilschmidt, you shall repeat the vows."

Ciana walked up and handed him a gold ring. He thanked her and then looked at Feliciano.

"I, Ludwig Beilschmidt, take you, Feliciano Vargas, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." Ludwig slid the ring onto Feliciano's fourth finger, clasping his shaky hand as the band rest just above his white-gold engagement ring. He gave the Italian a small smile and cupped his cheek on his hand as he ran his thumb over his bottom lip which was taken between his teeth, gently moving it out so the pink skin wouldn't be raw.

"Mr. Vargas, you shall repeat the vows."

Ciana smiled at her uncle and gave him Ludwig's ring which was a little thicker than his own.

"I, Feliciano Vargas, take you, Ludwig Beilschmidt, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." Feliciano recited the lines with a shaky tone, joyful tears in his eyes as slipped the gold band onto his ring finger and then gazed up at him.

The German now used both hands to cup his face in his hands and brush away the tears that fell. He moved his hands back down to hold the Italian's and they smiled at each other, knowing what came next.

"You have declared your consent before the Church. May the Lord in his goodness strengthen your consent and fill you both with his blessings. What God has joined, men must not divide. Amen." Father West smiled at the both of them. "You may now seal the vows with a kiss."

Ludwig smiled before cupping his face in his hands once again and leaning down to kiss him. Feliciano placed his hands on the German's side's and gently fisted the material of his waistcoat as he closed his eyes.

The gap between them closed and their lips met; gentle and passionate. Everyone cheered and there were wolf whistles from the family and friends who sat in the chairs.

Ludwig pulled away slightly but Feliciano grabbed his tie and pulled him back down for another, more fierce kiss. That's when almost the whole group of attendees broke out into wild cheers and more whistles rang through the air.

Wild laughter bubbled up between them and they smiled into the kiss, finally pulling away and turning to face the audience who stood up and applauded for them with shouts of congratulations mixed in. They started walking down the aisle and the quartet played the fast part of Canon.

The audience began to throw rice onto them and they laughed at the tradition before running the rest of the aisle to get away from the small white grains.

"Feliciano." Ludwig smiled at his newly-wedded husband.

"Yeah?" He grinned back.

"I'm yours."

The German snaked an arm around his waist and kissed him again, a tiny bit of tongue thrown in there as Feliciano's fingers wound their way into Ludwig's blonde locks.

He smiled against his husband's lips and gave a small laugh, hugging him close as his words repeated themselves in his head.

I'm yours.

~