Chapter 23.

{Enjoy.x ~Taylor}

Songs for this chapter are -

A Team - Ed Sheeran

The Only Reason - 5 Seconds Of Summer

â€Â¢Ã¢Â€Â¢Ã¢Â€Â¢Ã¢Â€Â¢Ã¢Â€Â¢Ã¢Â€Â¢Ã¢Â€Â¢

I sat in the green and black chair, twiddling my thumbs and looking up every once in a while. My good mood had been squished, and that's exactly why I was sitting in a chair alone in the one and only Starbucks.

I wasn't there to get coffee either, I was merely waiting for my friends, who had seemed to disappear off the planet Earth. Adison, Hannah, Sarah, and I were meeting up to catch up on everything. I hadn't seen them in so long, besides during lunch at school. Sometimes Harry would invite me to go outside and eat with him, and my friends weren't mad at all. They wanted me to go out and eat with Harry, and they practically pushed me out of their table when Harry had asked me for the first time.

School seemed like a distant thing now, but I would have to go back tomorrow. My mother said I didn't have to go if I didn't want to, but I was still contemplating it. I would feel better around my friends, but with all that had been going on, I wouldn't feel in the mood to pay attention to anything.

Right as I was in the middle of thinking, a bell sounded at the front of the store and three giggling girls stumbled in. Their voices shouted out laughter and I immediately knew it was my friends. I called Adison's name and they all looked up at me, walking over to sit at the round table.

"Oh my gosh, Clara! It's been so long." Adison exclaimed, walking over to my seat to give me a hug. I accepted it, truthfully in desperate need of an embrace. I had missed them, but I never got time to think of them with all the mess involving Lucas.

Once Hannah and Adison sat down to talk to me, Sarah still stood. I looked up at her.

"I'm just gonna go get us something. I remember all your favorites." She gave a short smile and walked away quickly, her brown hair swaying as she turned around. I raised an eyebrow before looking back at my other two friends.

"Why does she look so sad?" I said to them curiously. Sarah would tell me if anything was going on. Then again, we haven't had time to talk in so long.

Adison gave me a grave look. "We don't know. She won't tell us. She's always seemed down since..." Her eyes widened, as if she had just realized something.

"Since the last day Niall talked to her!" She exclaimed, and Hannah's brown eyes widened in realization. My eyes matched hers, and I looked over to see Sarah's tall figure in front of the order counter.

"Harry...he told me that Niall liked a girl named Barbara." I said, my mind whirling. Did Niall tell her that he wasn't into her? No wonder she looks so sad. I didn't want to mention it to her and make her feel worse.

"Poor Sarah.." Hannah mumbled, fiddling with her napkin. "She really likes Niall, too. That's a shame, no wonder she hasn't smiled in so long."

I felt really bad at her as she walked over to our table with four Starbucks cups in a little tray. Her fake smile plastered across her face as she saw me watching her walk over, and I smiled back. I felt really bad for her. She didn't deserve a heartbreak. Nobody did.

She sat down the cups in front of us. I had a double chocolate chip, Sarah had a vanilla mint, Adison had the same as me, and Hannah had a vanilla latte. We used to meet up at Starbucks all the time to talk. We always had the same exact thing, so we memorized our favorites.

Sarah sat down next to Hannah with a long breath, plucking her straw in her drink to take a long sip. Adison sat directly beside me and looked at the drink that laid in her hands.