Chapter 5.

{comment and vote please. I love you. ~Taylor}

Previously:

I felt a burst of confidence suddenly. If he cares, then he won't mind if I ask him the question that's been lingering in my mind.

"Harry, can I ask you something?" I looked into his eyes. He nodded, not breaking his gaze with me.

"Sure, I guess." He responded

I took a deep breath. Here goes nothing.

"What did you mean when you said you had a new crush?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He snapped his head up to look at me. He looked nervous.

"I..I don't know." He said and I but my lip in embarrassment. Of course it wasn't me. But the way he said it, he sounded nervous. There must be an answer to my question but he doesn't want to tell me.

I had a good feeling it wasn't me he was talking about though.

"I don't know..I thought you were talking about..never mind. Never mind." I felt my cheeks go red.

"What? Tell me." Harry said, not breaking eye contact with me.

"No, no really, never mind. It was stupid." I looked away from him.

"Clara." He warned.

Well, he's not going to let me go on this one, and I'm a terrible liar. Here goes nothing.

My palms sweated, my heartbeat going mad as I spoke the words that Harry forced me to say. The words that will probably make Harry leave right now.

"I-I thought y-you were talking about m-me." I shut my eyes, not daring to open them to see Harry's face. Probably disgusted. Amused that I would think that.

"Um...um..no." I heard Harry mumble. He sounded pained, which confused me. What is going on?

It didn't help my heart, that shattered into pieces as he confirmed that he had no liking in me except for maybe friends. Probably not even that.

I finally had enough willpower to open my eyes and look at him. He was staring directly at me but when I opened my eyes he fixated his gaze on one of the flowers a few feet away from us.

"So..who? Who do you like?" I said, feeling extremely nosy but still wanting to know the answer. Probably a girl more beautiful and perfect than I'll ever be.

Then I suddenly realized how foolish I was for thinking he liked me. Obviously he could get any girl he wanted. There's so many girls better than me that would love to date him.

"That is none of your business." Harry shortly said and my mouth parted a tiny bit as I looked at him. He never once fixed his gaze on me.

He didn't have to be rude. Then again, he had a right to.

He then surprised me by looking at me with a smirk on his face. "Jealous?" He spoke, chuckling. I suddenly had the urge to slap him across his pretty face.

"No, Harry. I just asked you a question, that doesn't imply that I'm jealous." I calmly said. I was completely the opposite of calm inside though.

"Jealous." He sang and I glared at him.

"Not jealous."

"Jealous."

"Not jealous."

"Jealous!"

We argued like children and I let out a frustrated groan.

"Why do you have to be so hard, Harry?" I yelled, burying my face in my hands.