Chapter 21.

Chapter 21.

This will be a longer update to make up for the last chapter hah.

** YES GUYS, I CHANGED THE COVER AND THE BIO AND EVEN THE NAME OF THIS BOOK. BUT IT WAS BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT NEEDED SOMETHING MORE TO MAKE IT SEEM INTERESTING. DONT WORRY, NONE OF THE PLOT OF THE BOOK IS CHANGING, THE ACTUAL BOOK IS THE SAME STILL. ILY GUYS. BY THE WAY DOUBLE UPDATE YAS.

~Taylor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Songs for this chapter ~

Why'd you only call me when you're high? ~ Arctic Monkeys (this song is so good omg)

•••

I woke up to puffs of air on my face and light hitting my closed eyelids, making my vision red. I opened my eyes groggily, feeling a layer of sweat on my waist-down. I felt Harry's hands linked around my waist, and he had his forehead pressed against me, even closer to me than when we had fallen asleep. I moved my head back a bit from his head to look at his sleeping features. His lips were still parted and short breaths of air fell from them.

He looked so serene and peaceful that I didn't want to wake him, so I ceased my squirming. I had to get out of his grip eventually, because I felt the sweat on my legs and stomach from the heat of Harry's body on mine all night. My heart swelled at the sight of him cradling me to his chest in his slumber. My head couldn't wrap around the fact that this was us, and this was how it was going to be. I could finally give him little kisses whenever I wanted to and run into his arms to have him hug me back.

It felt like I were in a month-long dream, full of images of Harry and dreams of Harry and Harry's laugh and Harry's cry and Harry Harry Harry.

It was us against the world.

That is, if we were able to fight it by ourselves.

The thought of Anne catching me in bed with Harry jolted my heart for a second, and I realized that I'd soon have to get up and tip-toe back to my room. I hoped that Anne wasn't already up, because that would make it really hard for the both of us to act like we hadn't just slept together.

The thing was, we didn't even do anything. I think Harry knew that I was far from ready for that with him, considering our relationship was still brand new. If we ever did do anything, it would be far from now.

Harry stirred in his sleep, mumbling something incoherent before becoming still again. I really needed to wake him up, but I didn't want to interrupt his peaceful state.

I never really understood why couples would just stare at each other when they slept, but I got it as I looked at Harry's shoulders that steadily rose and fell. It was like you could see them in their most real state. People could be fake in real life, but when they're asleep they're incoherent to the world, so you get to see their real side. No makeup, no fake personalities, just them. People are most vulnerable in their sleep, so it's like seeing the natural side of them.

I felt my love for Harry grow as I thought about him being vulnerable. He was different at school from when he was at home. He was this little curly haired tall boy that made girls' hearts stop from lust at school, the one who has 'teenage dropout' written all over their face. He smoked and cursed and glared at people at school, giving him a whole different personality. The Harry I thought he was at first was the school Harry, the one who "breaks hearts". I didn't fall in love with that Harry.

I fell in love with the Harry that is embarrassed by the fact that he listens to John Legend in his car. I fell in love with the Harry who wants to protect me and kisses me every time he gets and is a little too protective sometimes. I fell in love with the Harry that only I see, the real Harry.