Chapter 3 Nate

"Have you heard what happened in the Cats' part of town?" Jack's boisterous voice came across the phone.

Accustomed to Jack's lack of phone etiquette a, "Hi how are you?" Was never in the cards. "Ah no, I don't have a clue what you're talking about."

"It's not yet confirmed, but rumour has it that they are missing one of their females. So I want you to keep your ear to the ground and let me know what you hear."

"Ok, not a problem. Listen Jack, I just wanted to remind you that Mady's friend, Sam, will be arriving tonight and might be coming with us tomorrow. She doesn't know anything about us..." Now she had me nervous about tomorrow.

Jack cut me off. "Good, it's about time we get to meet her. That's not a problem, there will be other norms coming as well. So everyone will be on their best behaviour." Both of us started laugh knowing what some of the family were like. "I mean that everyone will do there humanly best. So what's she like?"

Sitting back at the desk looking over some of the security surveillance. "Don't know yet, she just pulled in the driveway a moment ago."

"Well you have fun with all that girl chit chat tonight," Jack chuckled.

There was a high pitch squeal that came from outside. Standing up I looked out the window in time to see Mady practically attack Sam before she had a chance to fully get out of the car.

Jack sighed, "It will be nice to have the old Mady back. How's she been doing?"

I had to laugh, not at Jack but by watching Mady. "The way Mady just body slammed poor Sam and her jumping up and down, I think she will be just fine."

"Good, good, I'm glad to hear it." Jack sobered, "Listen, call me as soon as you hear anything. I'm spreading the word just to be a little more cautious till we know what's going on. Better to be safe than sorry."

"Do you want me to make any calls?" Our safety always came first.

"No, you sound like you already have your hands full. I got the calls covered. Enjoy your night." All I heard was his laughter before the phone went dead.

* * *
Sam

"So I finally get to meet the famous Samantha McDowell. It's good to meet you," A deep but soft voice said from inside the house as soon as we walked in the door.

"That depends on what has been said." Getting a good look at Nate, I honestly couldn't help checking him out. The man was almost the size of a bear! A very attractive one at that. With broad shoulders, thick chest that tapered into narrow hips. Blonde hair spiked with gorgeous brown eyes. The sheer size of him should have been intimidating, but his presence felt reassuring, safe. Like being at home. That feeling did not sit well with me at all. But when uncomfortable I always opened my big mouth so why stop that now. "Damn, girl you didn't say you were married to a hot linebacker. Now is the rest of the package just as impressive?"

"SAMANTHA!" Mady protested, "Can I least give the formal introduction before your mind goes to the gutter." This impressive beast of a man threw his head back and roared.

"Nate this is Sam. Sam this is my husband, Nate."

Nate held out his hand. "Nice to meet you, I have a feeling it's going to be interesting with you around."

Giving him one of my wicked smiles. "Well I got to keep Mady her on her toes." The laughter died almost immediately once I shook his hand. The same feeling of ants crawling up my arms along with a good size electric shock happened as soon as we made contact.. Pulling away quickly, adding, "Sorry about that...shock." I clamped my hands together in front of me instead of wiping my hand on my leg. Which I really wanted to do. A vibration seemed to sing through my body till it hit my toes and was gone.