Chapter 31 Nickoli

"You are positively glowing!" She was breathtaking and radiated joy.

"Shit," Sam gasped, jumping off the chair, "I swear you people need to wear bells around your necks," catching her breath, "And thank you. I'm on the top of the world. I just bought a house. Let me rephrase that. I just bought my dream home."

The bell comment caught me a bit off guard. This woman was a ball of surprises. Now if she only knew how ironic her comment was. "A cause for a celebration then." My amusement left as soon as I noticed the sling. "What happened?" That was not what I wanted to say but there was a time to be like a gentleman and times less so.

She looked down and the sight of her arm seemed to catch her off guard. "Oh that," she laughed, "A friend of mine was teaching me self-defence and I swear what he calls a jaw I call granite. The elbow is pretty bruised and somehow I also dislocated my shoulder. It will be 100 percent in a couple weeks."

The pleasantness that I kept on my face was strand. "Who was helping you and how did it happen?" My voice even sounded strained. I just could not understand how this could happen. She ran with the wolves and even though we were not on friendly terms I could not understand how they would let this happen.

"Dmitri, Nate's brother. Why?" Sam said defensively.

"You should not have gotten hurt. He should have now better." My anger started to rise. How the hell could they not protect a human woman?

"Nickoli, it was an accident. I think I caught him off guard to be truthful," Sam said, defending Dmitri. "Stand up and I will show you what happened, it will make more sense than me trying to explain. It's not his fault he has a hard head." Doing as she asked, I stood. "Now put your arms around me, holding my arms against my body. Please be careful the pain meds are great but I don't want to test them. Ok this will not be as smooth since I will be using my other arm."

Not needing to be asked twice, I wrapped my arms around her cautiously not to putting any pressure on her injured arm. Feeling her gasp, and her scent of arousal assaulting my nose, I really had to concentrate on what I was doing. "Like this," breathing into her ear, enjoying the shiver it coursed through her body.

"Umm...yeah...Ok, now when I stomp on your foot, lightly of course, you will loosen you hold, and then I will turn connecting my elbow with your neck or jaw. Ready?" Sam said, a little breathless.

Foot coming down, my grip loosened, but when she turned her body it moved closer to mine, the feel of her butt sliding across my lower region made me instantly hard and making me lose all concentration on what we were doing. I had to work on not grabbing the woman right there in the bar and taking her up against the wall. Thankfully, she didn't follow through with her elbow because I had to admit I may not have moved in time and hurt her other arm. "I see." I need to apologize to Dmitri. Now I completely understood.

"See an accident that's all. Dmitri would never hurt me, and yes I know that for a fact." Guilt seemed to pass her eyes. Sitting back in her chair the excitement now replace with guilt and arousal. Keeping eyes on the menu, she asked, "How has your day been going?"

"Sam did I upset you?" This mix of emotions she was gave off was confusing.

"No. It's...nothing," Sam said, looking up with a smile again, "We are supposed to be celebrating my new house remember?"

Letting it go for now, "That's right," putting a smile on my face, which was not hard at all with her around; she radiated happiness, joy, and love. Calling Matt over, ordering a bottle of one of our finest wines to celebrate Sam's new home.