Chapter 3

Owen
Her hands felt like fire as they ran up my arms, across my shoulders and down my chest. Her lips and breath ghosted over my neck as she giggled and sat up. My hands gripped her waist as she pulled her hair into a messy bun.

She smirked and pulled her shirt off. My hands travelled up her back as she grabbed my wrist and shook her hand. She put my hands back on her waist. I grunted as she wiggles a finger at me while smirking.

"No touching. Your hands stay on my hips. No moving." She said leaning down and began to kiss my chest.

Her arms travelled to my waist and began to push my shorts down as her lips returned to my neck. My hands began to move up her body and she grabbed my wrists. I grunted and she sat back up frowning.

"Whyyyy! Can't I touch you?"

She rolled off me and picked her shirt up. I grabbed her waist and she frowned at me as she slipped back into her shirt.

"I'm sorry. I won't move my hands, they'll stay right on your hips. I promise."

She shook her head and laid down. She stretched her legs out and closed her eyes. I kissed her jaw and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Owen it's late, I have that interview tomorrow. I need to sleep." She said placing her hands on my chest.

I pulled her against myself and rolled onto my back. Her arms rested by my head as she pushed herself up and tried to move off me. She can't get me all aroused and then want to sleep. I now she's just playing with me because I didn't listen.

"Please resume." I said smiling at her and settled my hands on her waist.

"Owen wake up." Claire said shaking my shoulder.

I grudgingly opened my eyes and looked out the helicopter windows and saw the island. The first time I came to this island was by a Ferry boat. I had watched as the mountains came into view and it was the start of a new life away from the military. It was a new life because I met Brook. Brook. She changed my life.

The helicopter landed and I followed Claire and the rest of the team, whose names I already forgot. Standing on the helicopter pad I looked over the park. The park was destroyed and so abandoned. I always remembered the park being lively and so full of people. The park was much better with Brook. She made everything better.

The motor of a truck tore me from the past and I turned around. A large military grade truck pulled up as the helicopter took off. In the distance the roaring of the T-Rex startled the newbies on the team. Most of the team has never worked with dinosaurs, so this so called 'rescue op' won't go well.

As I got into the truck I wondered how they even made this team. Nobody was probably stupid enough to come back to this island. I already know I'm stupid, so guess it works for me to be here.

Once down in the park which was set up like a military base. Well, very poor military base. Trucks and RVS were park in no order between the rundown stores and stands, that used to stand. The perimeter was marked by a poorly put up face. It's a wonder no dinosaur came upon the place yet.

I walked around the camp looking for the RV I was assigned. I passed a Starbucks that had no doors or windows and glass still littered the ground outside. Inside the shop people stood talking and a board rested on the countertop. I walked into the shop as the group began to yell at each other.

I walked over to the board and saw the it was covered with names. Most of the names were crossed out and a D was next to the name. Then I found one name that caused my heart to clenched and my breath to catch in my throat.

Brook Kiess -PD

I grabbed at the counter and tried to catch my breath. She's here. She never wanted to come back here. She's here. She's here on this island.

"What does PD mean?" I choked out and turned towards the group as another name jumped out.

Nate Williams -D

He's here to. What are they both here? Did they come together.

"Who are you?" One of the men asked turning towards me.

"Owen Grady. Here on the rescue op. What does PD mean.

"It means that she is presumed dead." He answered and turned away.