Chapter 20

Brook

"Your fucking boyfriend is ruining everything!" Mills said and backhanded me across the face and turned to the man the shot Owen with a tranquilizer. "You said he was dead! What happened?"

"I left them in the middle of the camp. He was shot with a tranquilizer and was asleep when I left. She wouldn't leave him."

"Why didn't you shot her too! Nobody was suppose to leave that island alive unless they were on my team. Grady and Dearing were supposed to be used to get the raptor and then be killed but they both made it off. Kill them now!" Mills yelled.

"What about the girl." The man said and pointed at me.

I was laying on the floor were I woke up after being tased, twice. I was able to sit up but Mills slapping me and making my nose bleed knocked me over. I was exhausted and the pain was becoming unbearable. My ribs were in agony from the dress, being tased, and repeated beatings. My face is now bruised and my nose is bleeding and I just wanted to give up.

I didn't want to be apart of this anymore. I really wish that I would have died when Nate died. I'm happy to be back with Owen but this pain and Mills' treatment of me I just wanted to be dead.

"Please just kill me. You wanted me dead so just kill me." I said and tried to sit back up.

"Leave the girl. I want her with me. Just kill Owen so I can have here." Mills said and turned to me and grabbed my arm. "Now get up!"

The man left the room as Mills pulled me up. I screeched as I was pulled up and become dizzy from the pain. He smacked me again and told me to be quiet. I could feel the blood running down my face and I took a deep breath as Mills dragged me down the hallway.

A roar sounded and I came to a stop and turned to look back down that hallway. I could hear a man screaming from the auction room. I remembered the dinosaur the dragged out the Indoraptor.

"What kinda of Dinosaur is that?" I asked Mills as he continued to drag me down the hallway sending pain throughout my body.

"The Indominus Rex but with more raptor."

"You created another dinosaur have seeing what happened at the park and how dangerous the animal was."

"Just shut up. These animals make money. Now come on."

"Let me go." I said and tried to pull my arm away from him.

"Just be quiet!" He said and slapped me again.

We turned down a corner and walked into a lab. How big is this house. Once in the lab Mills let go of my arm and walked over to Henry Wu. The Doctor that hired me at Jurassic World. He was helping Mills and created this new dinosaur. What is going on? Owen was right about InGen, they only care about the money.

"Grab the DNA and the Indominus tooth and let's go." Mills said

"The Indominus tooth." I said and looked around the room. "How-"

"My men went back to the park and took the tooth. How do you think we got the DNA for the Indoraptor."

"This is just wrong. Selling dinosaurs to regular people for money and creating a creature that you can control in anyway." I said and was cut off by Mills slapping me.

"The creature is part raptor. Your boyfriend can control raptors."

"He controls them with trust. Not tasing the creature to hatred. His animals trusted him and loved him. You need to have trust in order to have them listen."

"Quiet!" Mills snapped and backhanded me again.

I slid to the floor and closed my eyes as the roar sounded again. Blood continued to flow down my face and I'm pretty sure my nose was broken.

"Don't forget the raptor!" Mills shouted and my eyes opened.

Blue was still here. I can't let Mills take Blue. Can't let him take her and get her DNA. She's the last raptor and is very intelligent. I needed to get her out.

I used the table to pull myself up and grabbed the nearest worker. Mills had wondered farther into the lab to yell at people to not forget things.

"Hey I'm with Mills. He told me to get Blue and make sure she is taken. Could you please show me where she is." I said and grabbed the guards arm and pressed myself against him. If only I didn't have blood on my face.

The man nodded his head and lead me to the back of the lab. I could hear Blue moving around in her cage. I hope she was healed from her gun shot. As we neared the cage I could see Zia handcuffed to the cage trying to grab someone to unlock her.

"Thank you." I said to the man and Zia looked up at me horrified.

"The girl is to stay with the animal." The man said turning back to Zia as I slipped off my heels and picked one up.

I raised my heel and swung it at the man. The heel stuck the man and he pitched forward and laid face first on the floor.

"Brook what happened to you?" She said and reached for me.

"Too long of a story. We need to get Blue free. They created another dinosaur that has more raptor DNA than the Indominus. Mills can't get Blue."

She nodded her head and then began to tell me how to open the cage. Most of the men helping Mills had left the lab, but Mills was still here. I could hear him yelling orders at people.

"The keys are in the drawer over there to unlock me. Hurry I think that guys is coming back." Zia said and pointed at the nearest desk.

I went through the drawers and found the keys then turned and unlocked her. Once she was unlocked I could hear Mills calling my name so I turned to get Blue.

Zia helped me get the cage open as Mills saw what we were doing. The cage opened and Blue walk up to me as Mills yelled to his security.

"Blue go get out of here." I said and touched her face. "You're free now. Go!" I said and pushed her away.

She gave me one last look and then turned away from and ran from the room. Mills ran up to us and he raised his hand to smack me and I closed my eyes.

But the stinging never came and instead I heard a grunt then a thud. I opened my eyes to Zia standing up and then grabbing my arm and lead me from the room.

"Come on! We need to find Owen and keep you away from Mills."