Chapter 5

Owen
The engine cut off as I stepped out of the military truck and walked towards the overturned, destroyed vehicle. Glass was smashed scattered around the vehicle and blood drained from a body trapped under the car.

"Andrew Bolton is dead." I man said and stepped away from the car. "Nobody else is here."

I walked around the car running my fingers through my hair and thought the worst. Brook is dead. A dinosaur probably ate her. Hopefully she didn't feel a thing.

"Let's move on. Nothing is here."

I turned away from the vehicle and rubbed the tears out of my eyes. Pain. That was all I felt. Brook is dead. I'll never get to apologize to her and try to start over again. I love her. I'll always love her.

A clank sound behind me and I turned. A velociraptor stood atop the car staring at me. The crew behind began to whisper my name and tell me to get back. But I knew this velociraptor.

"Blue." I said and my voice cracked.

She tilted her head to the side and jumped off the truck. I shushed the crew and told them to put the guns down. I can't let them hurt Blue. I'll save Blue for Brook.

Blue screeched and turned to the trees. She was gesturing me to follow her. Why? She began to pace and screech.

"Get in the truck." I yelled to the crew opening the drivers door. "Were following that raptor."

I started the car and followed Blue through the woods. She still remembers me after all these years of not seeing me. My Blue, who's all alone. She's been alone for three years. Why does she not hate me for leaving her here?

She stopped by a stream and I jumped out of the car, without turned the engine off. Blue stood over a body, sniffing the face. As I walked closer and got a better look at the body, I saw it was a girl.

Dried blood covered the girls legs as she laid in the mud. Her chest rose and fell slowly as I got a look at the face. Her face was covered in blood and bruises. Her lips were chapped and her eyes were half opened. Those eyes. The gray eyes, the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen.

I slid to my knees in the mud next to her and brushed the hair off her face. She blinked and looked up at me.

"Brook."

"Hallucinating, great. I has to be you." She said and looked away from me.

"Help! It's Brook, she's hurt." I said and put me arms around her.

She screamed out and I let her go. Her breathing pick up as tears spilled down her cheeks.