Chapter 9

Owen
I had to leave Brook at camp, not too happy about that. I wanted her here with me, so nothing would happen to her. She was at camp with Franklin, one of the college students, not who I wanted her with. I wanted Zia to stay, so Brook would have had a girl with her and not a boy. Above all I really just wanted to leave this island with Brook and go home. That is all I wanted.

"How did Blue get out? Your men shot her up with so many tranquilizers, she should have be out for days." I asked one of the inGen people as we patrolled the forest.

I was not too happy about that either. I told them that Blue would not hurt Brook, but they did not listen and they shot her. I'm just glad Brook did not see it.

"I don't know." The man replied.

"Was her cage set up just as poorly as your campsite?"

The man did not reply, just walked away from me. Claire walked next to me as we got called back to the trucks, so we could drive to another place.

"So, you and Brook still together?" She asked.

"I guess we are."

"Did something happen between you to?" She asked and her voice seemed to get higher and she perked up a bit.

I shrugged my shoulders and got in the truck. I did not want to talk about that, because it was the past and Brook and I have moved on from it. Yes, I made a mistake and can never take it back and will continue to hate myself for it, for the rest of my life.

'I still hate you for that, but I can't stop loving you. I never could.' She never stopped loving me and I never stopped loving her.

"Something did, but we got over it and moved on."

Once the truck started and we moved on the radio was going off. The signal was too staticky, to clearly hear. It was probably just a checkup from the camp, to make sure everything was ok.

Once we broke from the trees and stopped in a clearing the rain began to fall and the radio became clear.

"The campsite is under attack! Send back help! We-"

Brook was cut off by the sound of a roar. That roar was not a T- Rex. I've never heard a dinosaur like that. The sound stopped and Brook was yelling at someone.

"All parties returned back to camp! Help!" There was a pause filled with heavy breathing and shuffling. "No! Get-"

Glass shattered and Brook began to scream, swear words at someone. The roar sounded again and then the radio cut off, with one last call for help.

Brook! She's in trouble and again, I'm not there to protect her. I can't lose her again. Not now. Not after I just got her back.

"Get back to the camp now!" I barked as I leaned forward to yelled at the driver.

"We can't. We're ordered to stay out until 3."

"Well you've just been ordered back to camp. They are under attack and need our help. Head back now!"

~~~~~~
The campsite was destroyed. Upon entering the camp, the first thing I noticed was that the poorly put up fence, was a mangled heap of metal on the ground. Blood mixed with the mud and rain water and I hoped none of it was Brook's.

As we walked through the camp bodies began to turned up and I found one that had long brown hair. Brook. The body was under the remains of a torn apart trailer. I don't know if it was the one I shared with Brook, it was too destroyed to tell.

I knelt next to the body and pushed the hair off the face. It was not Brook. Thank God it was not her.
I sat back with a sigh and wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Nobody is here!" Someone called.

Brook she got out. She didn't die. But, she's alone in the forest, again. She was also injured, because of her ribs. I should have fought more to get us back home. I walked back to the truck were the radio was I going off. I turned the volume up in order to hear it.

"Owen! Owen! If you can hear this, I'm heading to our house. Owen!"

Our house!

A roar sounded and a creature stepped out of the forest.