Chapter 17

Owen
I woke with Brook wrapped up in my arms and her head resting on my chest. Her hands were clutching my shirt and her hair tickled my chin. I moved my hands and pushed them up under her shirt. I titled my head and kissed the top of her's.

She moved as my hands went to her ribs. She titled her head and looked up arms as she placed her head on my shoulder.

"Yes?" She asked and smiled at me.

"Morning." I whispered.

She giggled and began to kiss my neck. I closed my eyes as she pushed her hand up my chest. She dragged her fingernails along my side and my pants became tight.

"Owen stop getting excited. We're not alone." She said and bit down on my neck.

"Then stop turning me on."

"I'm not doing anything except kissing your neck." She said and moved her mouth to my ear lobe.

My hands tightened on her waist as I pulled her closer to me. My hands slid to her ass and I squeezed. She gasped and moved her lips to my jaw as my hands went to her thighs.

"You two are cute together, but nobody wants to see that." Zia said and turned to Blue.

Brook stood up blushing as she fixed her shirt and then ran her fingers through her hair. I stood and wrapped my arms around her waist. She tried to step away, but my arms slid up her back and I pushed her against me.

"I love you." I whispered in her ear.

"Ok. Blue is going to be fine. But we've docked and you guys need to get back to your truck." Zia said as Claire stood up.

"Ok. Let's go." She said and walked to the doors.

I opened the doors and jumped down. Claire and Franklin followed and I turned around to help Brook. Her ribs were still sore and jumping on the concrete will cause her pain. I reached for her as someone shouted.

I closed the door and Claire and I slid under the truck. The man walked over to Franklin and asked him why he wasn't working. They then left. I crawl out for under the truck and opened the door to a glare.

"Did you really need to slam the door in my face?" She asked and reached for me.

My arms slid around her body and I lifted her out of the truck. Her arms rested around my neck as she glared down at me. She's always glaring at me. I smiled back at her and pecked her on the nose. Her nose wrinkled up and I smirked.

"Let's go." Claire said.

We walked back to our truck while avoiding the others. Claire crawled into the passenger seat and closed the door with a slam.

"I guess I sit in the back." Brook said walking behind the truck.

"No." I said and curled my arm around her waist and lead her to the driver side. "You can fit in the middle. Just like you did in my truck."

"That was only because you had to put your beer in the other seat."

I opened the door and helped her inside. She smiled at Claire as she sat down and I slid in after. I started the truck and put it in drive. The gearshift was between Brook's legs and my fingers grazed her thigh and she smirked and glanced at Claire.

We left the boat and followed the other trucks. I turned down a dirt road and could see a huge house in the distance.

"Mills!" Claire shouted and punched the dashboard.

"What?" Brook and I said at the same time.

"He crossed me! He lied to me and tried to kill me by leaving me on that island. He just wanted these dinosaurs."

"Why does he want them?" Brook asked.

"I don't know." Claire asked as I stopped the truck.

"Shocking." Brook whispered and rolled her eyes. "Look there's a road. Leave and we'll get help." Brook said and pointed out the window.

"Hands off the steering wheel!" A man yelled and a gun was pointing in the window.