Chapter 22

Brook
"Brook!" Mills yelled harshly and his footsteps became audible as he came closer to the room.

"Come, Zia." I whispered and grabbed her arm to move is both behind a statue.

As Mills yelled again I gripped the statue part in my hands. I lifted the piece of stone behind my head as Mills walked around the corner. As he went to yell again I swung the stone and connected with his face.

He fell backwards blood spraying from his mouth as he laid on the floor. I raised the stone again and slammed it down on his gut as he coughed up blood and rolled onto his side.

"Now your nose is broken!" I screamed and kicked him in the crotch because my ribs were too sore from swing the stone.

I stepped over Mills to let Zia out from behind the statue. Mills laid on the ground moaning as I dropped the stone on the ground and rested my hands on my hips as I tried to catch my breath. These ribs are getting very annoying.

As Mills tried to sit up I kicked him in the crotch again as Zia laughed. He laid back down and tried to grab at my ankle, but I just stepped back.

"Now leave me alone!" I yelled and kicked him again. "I'm not leaving with you!"

More blood gushed from his nose and mouth as he tried to sit back up. I tired away from as Zia followed me.

"See it's fun beating up horrible men. Makes you fell a lot better, doesn't it?" She asked and look back at Mills.

"Yeah. It does feel good." I said and cough as my ribs made it hurt to laugh.

Screams sound from upstairs and I began to walk faster to the stairs. Once up stairs I found the little girls bedroom. It was destroyed and I hoped that Owen had gotten her out safely.

"Keep climbing." I could hear Owen say.

I furrowed my eyebrows and walked towards the window. I leaned out the window with Zia alongside of me. I looked up and could see Owen and the little girl climbing up the side of the house.

"Owen!" I yelled and he looked down at me.

"Brook get out of that room. The creature will come back." He yelled down as the creature roared. Zia pulled me away from the window and back into the hallway.

"Go help Owen and the girl. I'm going to find Franklin and try to call for help. Just be careful." She said and walked back down the stairs.

I wondered down the hallway and found some guards dead on the floor. What the hell is happening in this house? I bent to pick up one of the guns and looked for a way to get to the roof. After I dressed I remember seeing guards coming down a stair case, those stairs have to go to the roof.

"Yes." I said as I found the stairs.

Once it go to the roof the rain was coming down in sheets and I could hear the little girl screaming. I turned a corner and saw Owen and the girl, standing at the end of a glass roof and the dinosaur in front of them.. The girl slipped off the edge of the glass roof and I screamed.

I ran to the glass roof and climbed on top as Owen turned to look at me. I raised the gun as he helped the girl hold on to the spire at the edge of the roofs Owen raised his hands and nodded his head at me.

I flipped a switch on the gun and a red beam shot out and rested on Owen's chest as the dinosaur growled. The creature crouched down in order to spring on Owen as a screech sounded next to me.

Blue. Blue jumped from her spot next me and latched herself on to the back of the Indoraptor. I lowered the gun and shot at the glass roof under the creature.

The glass shattered and both animals fell throw. I lowered the gun and threw it to the side as the Indoraptor landed on a statue and was impaled.

I took a deep breath as Bluer stood atop the creature and looked up at Owen and I. I closed my eyes with relief that she was okay.

"Brook!" Owen shouted and my eyes opened as the glass underneath me broke.