Chapter 16

Brook
I thought seeing the Brontosaurus dying was hard, but finding out Blue had been shot and was now currently dying was even worse. I stood next to Owen and Zia as they talked. Owen's hands rested on Blue's face as he whispered to her.

"You told me she was fine!" I said and slapped his arm. "She's not fine, you lied to me!" You said you weren't going to lie to me anymore."

"I promise I won't lie anymore." Owen said and kissed my cheek.

I scoffed at him and rubbed the tears off my cheeks as Blue moaned and lifted her head. I rubbed my hands along her side as Owen and Zia began to talk.

"I need blood." Zia said. "There's a T-Rex on the ship. I need some of her blood." She said and rubbed her eyes. "Do any of you know how to draw blood?"

"I can." Claire said. "I did a blood drive once."

"I can too. I did it all the time in the lab."

"Ok. Great!" Zia said and grabbed a bag and some tools and handed them to me.

I took the things and walked around Blue and to the doors of the truck. I slipped the strap of the bag over my shoulder and put the tube in the needle.

"All come with you." Owen said following me. "As a sort of look out."

He opened the door and jump down. He then turned and grabbed my waist and lifted me out of the truck. My hands went to his shoulders as my feet hit the ground. He smiled down at me as I lowered my arms and picked the needle up off the ground.

"Brook. Are you not going to talk to me?" He asked and cupped my cheek.

"I just don't want to talk." I mumbled and grabbed his hand as I looked around. "Which truck has the T-Rex?"

"Will just look around."

We eventually found the right truck after many mistakes and a very rude screech from a pterodactyl. Owen opened the doors of the truck and gave me a boost up and he then followed. I put the door at a crack and turned to the sleeping dinosaur.

"Ok. The best place is in the neck, but the skin will be really tough." He said and walked to the side of the dinosaur and crouched down. "Come here Brook."

I stepped forward and the T-Rex moved his head and hide Owen from me. He was now trap and groaned as the dinosaur slobbered on his face. I went to the other side and climbed up to sit on the neck. I was now straddling the neck and laid down and glanced at Owen. I began to giggle and he glared at me.

"Now your laughing at me, but won't talk to me." He said, but did smile at me.

He leaned forward and grabbed my hand that was holding the needle. His fingers curled around mine as I shifted the bag and made sure the tube was connected to it.

"We do this together." He said and nodded his head at me. "On three. One. Two. Three!"

We swung our hands down and the needle plunged into the T-Rex. The dinosaur roared as the blood surged down the tube and into the bag. Once that was down Owen pulled the needle out and I sat up.

Voices appeared outside the door and Owen grabbed my leg and put a finger to his lips. The doors slammed shut and the lock was thrown home. The T-Rex roared and leaned towards Owen again.

He fell to the ground as the dinosaur lifted her head and I stood up and grabbed the railing above me. I pulled myself out the top and looked down to see Owen struggling to get up.

"I got out Owen!" I shouted and ran and climb down the side of the truck.

Once my feet hit the ground I pulled the doors open and shouted to Owen. He stood as the dinosaur opened his mouth. I went to scream again as the dived forward and slid out of the truck. I shut the doors and threw the bolt home.

I rested my head against the door as Owen stood next to me breathing heavily. His hand grabbed mine as I turned and looked up at him. My fingers slid up his arms and around his neck. He looked down at me as his arms wrapped around my waist.

"Did you still have the blood?"

"Yes." I said and stood in my tip toes and pressed my lips to his.