Chapter 21

Owen
" We need to find Brook then get out of here." I said and ran my fingers through my hair as I followed Maisie down the hallway.

"Mills took her. He probably already left with her. You won't be getting her back.

"Mills won't leave until he takes Blue. She's in the lab."

"Blue is in the lab?"

"Yeah he wants her DNA. I saw you in the video with her. That's how I knew who you were." She said.

Blue was still here. Brook won't leave until she knows that Blue is safe. But I just needed Brook by my side so I know she's safe and so I kill beat Mills ass for slapping and touching her.

"Let's just go. We to too alert the authorities so Mills can get arrested and these dinosaurs can be contained correctly. Maisie how do we get out of here?" Claire asked grabbed the little girls arm and stopped her in the hallway.

"I'm not leaving Brook behind!" I shouted and glared at Claire. "She will not be left for Mills to take!"

"I'm not leaving her behind either. Let's go." Maisie said and took her arm back from Claire and continued down the hallway.

We made it to a large room as the power went out. Looking up at the skylight I could see that a storm at started and the only light came from the lightning streaking in the sky at intervals.

A roar sounded and I grabbed up Maisie and ran to hide behind the statue of a dinosaur. I had just crouched down as the creature entered the room.

The creature was white and resembled the Indominus, but look more like a large raptor whereas the Indominus looked more like a T-Rex in size.

The creature lifted its head and sniffed the air then looked right to where we were hiding. This creature is intelligent. Maisie said that Mills has Blue in the lab and she saw my videos. I took videos training Blue and the other raptors to show their intelligence. They must be using my videos and raptor DNA to make intelligent dinosaurs and Blue is the last raptor.

As the dinosaur got closer Maisie got up and ran away. The dinosaur turned its attention on her as she took off. I stood and ran the other way trying to divert its attention as she dashed for a set of stairs at the end of the room.

The dinosaur crashed into the statue Claire was behind as it turned to look at me then turned back to Maisie. She was halfway up the stairs as the creature jumped onto the stairs. Part of the stairs broke as she made it to the top and ran down the hallway. The dinosaur jumped to the landing and followed her down the hall.

"Fuck!" I yelled and looked for another set of stairs to get to that floor.

"Owen. Fuck this dress is so fucking tight! Owen!" Brook said coming into the room followed by Zia.

"Brook!" I said and smiled and walked towards her.

As I got closer I could see the blood dripping from her nose and a bruise starting to form around her nose. It's probably broke.

"What happened?" I said and grabbed her hand and kissed her cheek. "Did that asshole do this? I'm going to kill that man!" I said and kissed her cheek again.

I ran my fingers through her hair and kept asking if she was okay and looking at her nose. It was definitely broken.

"Your nose is broken. I could push it back in for you."

"No." She said and shook her hand. "We have more important things to do. Blue is gone. I set her free. But there is another creature roaming around and there is a little girl that we need to get out of here because Mills is leaving. She's locked in a room upstairs."

"She just went back upstairs." I said as Brook bent to rip the bottom of her dress. She used the fabric to wipe the blood off her face. "The creature went after her. She-"

"What! The Indoraptor is after her and you're standing her talking to me!" She said and glared at me, the fabric forgotten in her hands. "Move! I'm going to go help her."

"Brook." I said and gently grabbed her arm as to not hurt her ribs. "I'll got help her. You are in no shape to face that creature."

"Then go help her. She-"

"Brook! Brook where did you go. You can't have left this place." Mills yelled and his voice became louder as he walked closer.

"Owen go help the girl. I need to get some pay back on Mills." She said and smiled at me then grabbed Zia's arm. "There is a staircase just down that way. Go help her."

"I want to beat Mills up." I said and ran my fingers through her hair.

"Owen let me handle that. I need to get pay back. I'll meet you later. Have the girl with you." She said and leaned into to kiss me.

She stepped back and smiled as she wiped some blood of my cheek then rested her hand on my chest.

"Sorry about the blood. Go now!" She said as Mills called again.

I turned and Claire followed me. Once at the staircase I looked back to see her and Zia pick up part of the destroyed dinosaur statue and she swung it and smile at Zia.

I smiled then started up the stairs with Claire following behind me.