Chapter 4

Brook
The snapping of branches and the cracking of leaves woke me conciseness as my body was being dragged. Dragged? Whatever was dragging me stopped and screeched. I've heard the screech before.

I didn't move or opened my eyes because I could be wrong on the noise. How am I still alive?

"Brook be careful." Nate said as I jumped on the boulders to get across the overflowing stream.

"I'm fine."

He followed close behind with his arms out to catch me if I fall. The camera crew waited on the other side taking shots of the triceratops. I jumped to the bank and landed then almost did a split because of the mud. Arms wrapped around my waist and lips were on my ears.

"You ok?" He said and kissed my cheek.

"I'm fine."

We followed the crew into the woods near a waterfall. This was were Claire's nephews escaped the Indominus. So, glad that they didn't ask them to come back.

As Nate talked a roar sounded. It was close and it didn't sound like a T-Rex. I've never heard that sound before and I know for a fact that the Indominus is dead.

"We should get going." I said cutting Nate off.

"It's just a T-Rex. They won't hurt us." A cameraman said.

"No! We need to go n,"

The dinosaur bursted from the trees and into the crew. The screamed and scrambled. I never seen this dinosaur before. It looked similar to a T-Rex but was orange. The dinosaur turned towards me as Nate grabbed me.

"Run!" He shouted pulling me.

But it was too late. The dinosaur was upon us and Nate pushed me out of the way. Nate caught the attention of the creature and started to run away. The tail swung around and connected with my body and sent me flying.

"Brook!" Nate screamed out. Those were his last words.

I connected with a tree and pain spread throughout my body. My vision blurred as I watched the creature tear Nate apart.

I don't know how long I've been out or were in the forest I am. The dragging stopped again and this time I was in the mud. The coldness of the mud helped sooth the pain and without meaning to I sighed.

Breath stirred the hair on my face and a face rubbed against mine. I knew who this creature was. Only one creature ever did this to me.

"Blue." I rasped out and my throat was so sore.

I opened my eyes slowly and the world slowly came into view. It was as if I was looking through water and clear surface.

Blue stood in front of me. She threw her head back and screeched then she place her head on mine.

I could not move my hands to pet her, because I thinks some of my ribs are broken. My whole body was too sore to move. But the worst pain was my stomach. When was the last time I ate? When was the last time I had a drink?

A stream must be near by because of the mud. But I could not get myself to move or crawl to the source. I was going to die. There was no doubt about it. Least I saw Blue one last time.

Nate was gone. I never loved him the way he did me. He gave his own life to save me, who he loved. He thought I loved him, but I only did as a friend.

I loved Owen and he hurt me. He promised to never hurt me, put he did. But I'll be dead soon and won't have to worry about being hurt by him again.

Blue stepped away as the sound of an engine echoed through the trees. She sniffed the air and took off.

I'll die alone now. Least it was in a cool place too ease the pain. Then I heard a voice that thought I'd never hear again.