Chapter 14

Brook.
The trucks had pulled out as I sat on the ground with Owen on my lap. The ground had began to shake as I ran my fingers through his hair and tried to figure out when he'd wake up. We needed to move. Black smoke poured from the volcano and I could see the lava coming.

"Owen, please." I pleaded and shook him.

His eyes remained closed and his breathing stayed even. Before the mercenary left he shot the tires out on the Jeep. Owen wasn't suppose to leave the island. The man tried to take me, but I wouldn't leave Owen.

Tears began to stream down my face as trees fell in the distance. Lava pour out of the volcano and it was heading this way. I cupped Owen's head and lifted him off my lap so I could stand.

"Owen! Wake up!" I whined and gently smacked his face.

He didn't move. I took a deep breath as my hands began to shake. I put my arms under his armpits and wrapped them around his chest. I locked my arms and began to pull him.

Pain spread from my ribs and I left out a whimper. Fucking ribs! I can't do anything because of the pain. But I can't leave Owen, to die.

I pulled him in the direction the other trucks went. We needed to get off this island. Once in the woods I came upon and overturned car. I slipped in the mud and fell onto my back. Owen's head rest on my chest and the rest of his body was on top of me. I screamed in pain because of his head as a dinosaur stepped out of the trees.

My breathing picked up as I struggled to get him off of me. I did not have the strength to move him off. The dinosaur wonder over to us and began to sniff Owen's face. Owen began to moan as my fingers pulled at his shirt.

The dinosaur began to lick his face and his whining became louder. My arms left his chest and grabbed his arms. I pulled them to his chest as the dinosaur roared and took off. I pushed myself up as Owen rolled himself off me.

I screeched in pain as my ribs protested as I sat up. Owen moaned again and rolled over. I opened my eyes to see the lava just inches from us. I looked over at Owen who had his butt up in the air. I would have laughed if not for the shitty situation we were in.

"Owen please tell me you can walk? Please."I yelled and stood up and grabbed his arms.

I pulled him up and he hung on me as I lead him farther into the forest. He slowly got the feeling back in his limps. As we staggered through the trees, because I could not hold him up correctly. As we ran, he began to smell my hair.

"Owen stop! We don't have time for that."

"Your hair smells nice." He whispered.

"Stop!" I said and slapped his side.

We left the woods and came to a clearing that slopes down hill. Owen's arm left my shoulders and he instead grabbed my hand. Black spots filled my vision because I could not breath.

"Run!" Owen said and waved his free hand, as dinosaurs poured out of the forest behind us.

Halfway down the hill stood Claire and Franklin. As we neared them they began to run. My legs began to slow and the pain in my ribs became unbearable. I left go of Owen's hand and fell to the ground.

"Brooky, come on!" He said and scooped me up in his arms.

My arms locked around his neck as I screamed out in pain. Brooky. I always hated that nickname, because it sounded like a child's name. Owen loves to call me that though. Maybe he did because he knew it made me angry.

My legs hit the ground as Owen leaned against the bark of a fallen tree. His arms wrapped around my waist as I took deep breaths and rested my head on his shoulder. Franklin stood next to him and Claire must have been on the other side.

The tree shook as dinosaurs ran into it or past it. My arms tighten on Owen's neck because I believed we were going to die. I closed my eyes shut and buried my head in his neck. Least I'd die in his arms.

The shaking stopped and Owen whispered my name. I leaned away from him and saw the Claire and Franklin had gotten into one of the gyroshperes. I never even noticed it was there.

"Brook get inside." Owen said gently pushed me in.

"There is no more seats." I said and looked at him.

"Shush." He said and pushed me inside just as the orange dinosaur came.

Owen stood by the door with his arms wide open. Was he going to hug the dinosaur? What the hell is he doing? I tugged on the back of his black shirt and wondered when he got a chance to change.

"Owen!" I whispered as the T-Rex roared.

The dinosaurs began to fight and one crashed into the sphere. I jolted into Franklin's lap as the ball moved and the door began to close.

"Owen!" I screamed and tried to stop the door. But I was too late.

The door sealed shut as the T-Rex broke the other dinosaur's neck and the ball began to move as more dinosaurs ran past. Owen followed behind the sphere as black smoke poured down the hill.

I turned in Franklin's lap so I could watch out the back. Tears streamed down my face as Owen disappeared as the smoke past him and the sphere rolled off a cliff.