Chapter 11

Owen
It took hours to finally get someone to give me a truck and let me go to Brook. By the time I got a truck and found someone willing to go with me, god forbid we go alone, the moon was out and rain started to come down again. The other drawback was that I was in the old park, looking for Blue, which was on the other side of the island.

"Can you please slow down. What if something jumps onto the road?" Zia asked as she gripped her seat.

inGen had fixed up the old jeeps from the first park. So Zia and I where driving in pouring rain, in a car with no roof. But whatever. If it gets me to Brook, I'm fine with it.

"Mr. Grady please." She said and I glanced at how pale her hands were, from gripping the seat so tightly. "I'm all stressed about getting eaten by a dinosaur, I don't need the car accident too."

"No can do. I need to find this person."

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"Yes."

"She's very pretty. Your very lucky. Don't let her go, she seems to really like you. I heard the message on the radio, sorry I was eavesdropping." She said and gave me a small smile, as she shivered.

"Thanks."

Lightning lit up the sky and I pressed harder on the gas. Zia pleaded again, but I thought of Brook and zoned her out. I drove for an hour or so when the roaring of the T-Rex sounded over the engine of the Jeep.

I slowed down just a little, but we were near the the house and if a T-Rex was near I need to get to Brook. The roaring became louder as I broke through the trees and into the clearing.

The house no longer stood. Wood and debris from the house were scattered all around and Zia gasped as I stumbled out of the truck. Lightning flashed again and I could see scarlet spots on the wood. My hands began to shake as I searched through the wood.

"Brook!" Brooky!" I screamed.

Please! Please God don't let her be under the pile. As o continued to scream, the roaring became louder.

"Owen she's not here! Please stop screaming. She's not stupid, she probably left. Look there's footprints. Let's follow those." Zia said walking back to the Jeep.

I jumped off the pile and got in the truck. I followed the footprints, stopping every no and then to called for her.

~~~~~~~~
The sun rose above the trees as we came upon the destroyed campsite. Zia was slumped in her chair, eyes barely opened. I've not seen any sign of Brook all night. The footprints stopped at the camp, but there was a small animal's prints. Hopefully it was Blue protecting Brook.

I slumped in my seat and closed my eyes. I thought of Brook and the night we had here in the trailer. Having her in my arms, kissing her, making love to her. Running my hands through her hair and watching her sleep. Her legs tangled with mine, waking up to her next to me. Listening to her breathing and falling asleep to it. I missed her and I needed her.

I love her.