Chapter 23

Owen

"Brook!" I screamed as I watched the glass break under her and she fell.

I grabbed Maisie and slid down the glass and landed back on the roof. I sat the girl down and ran to the latter that lead back up to the glass roof.

Once back at the top I could see Brook's hands holding onto a metal bar. Her hands were bloody from the glass and shaking, mostly likely from the pain in her ribs.

"Brook." I said and stepped onto the glass, which only made it crack more and the metal bent.

"Owen don't." She shouted. "Please just go. Make sure the girl is safe and away from this place. Owen go!" She said as one of her hands slipped off the metal.

I laid down on my stomach and inched myself across the glass. The glass began to crack slowly, I was much to heavy.

"Owen!" I could the anger in her voice, but I could also tell she was crying too. "I love you Owen, but stop being stupid and go help the girl!"

"Brook! You had multiple changes to leave me on the island, but you didn't. You did everything you could to help me even though you were injured. I'm not leaving you now. Also I have no idea how to take care of a kid."

"Owen!" She said as more glass broke and the metal bent down.

She screamed my name again as her hand slipped. My hand shot out and I grabbed her wrist. Her scream turned to one of agony, I could imagine how much the jarring movement hurt her ribs. I grabbed her upper arm with my other and hand and began to pull her up and slowly shifted backwards off the glass.

Brook screamed in agony again. I know she's trying not to scream out, but the pain was too much for her. I could feel tugging on my legs and I glanced back to see Maisie struggling to pull me back. I smiled.

My knees hit the solid part of the roof so my gripe tightened on Brooks arms as I sat up and pulled her closer to me. I fell onto my back as the rest of the glass roof shattered and Brook landed on top of my with a screech.

I sighed with relief as my hands rubbed her back and her hands clutched my shirt. Her breathing was heavy and warm against my neck as Maisie ran her fingers through Brooks her and stared at me.

"Is she going to be okay?" Maisie asked.

Brook groaned as she sat up and moved off of me. I frowned as she rolled her eyes at me. I wanted Brook to stay on my chest. I wanted her to stay in my arms and hold now that this is all over.

I sat up as the rain stopped and Brook pulled Maisie into a hug and asked if she was okay. Brook's brown hair stuck to her cheeks and her bare shoulders. The red dress looked very nice on her even with all the tears and bloodstains. Brook let Maisie go and struggled to stand up.

"Brook," I said and helped her up and down the latter since glass was scattered around the roof and she had no shoes on. "this is Maisie. Maisie this is my girlfriend Brook."

Maisie gave Brook another hug and then grabbed her hand and lead us off the roof. I wrapped my arm around Brook's shoulder and kissed her cheek.

"Maisie helped me get out of the basement and helped me find you." I said and Brook smiled.

"Well, thank you Maisie. Thank you for keeping him safe." She said and giggled.

Maisie laughed as I kissed Brook's cheek again. Maisie lead us back to the large room with the dinosaur statues, which one now had the Indoraptor impaled on. Thank God the creature was now dead. Blue ran across the room as Maisie turned to hide behind Brook and I.

"Maisie." Brook said and rubbed the girls back. "This is Blue. She won't hurt you. Don't be afraid."

Brook reached her hand out of touch Blue and as blue turned her head into Brook's hand, Brook began to pet her.

"See. Nothing to be afraid of. Blue with love you like she does Owen and I."

"Brook! Brook!" Zia said coming into the room with Franklin behind her. "Oh." She said and looked at the Indoraptor. "Least we have one less thing to worry about. We need your guys help. It's the other dinosaurs."