Chapter 18

Brook
I paced around the cell glaring at Owen because he wouldn't answer me. I inspected the walls for a way out, just to give me something to do. I couldn't sit because my ribs were hurting from all the running, somewhat carrying Owen through the forest and the uncomfortable way I slept last night.

"Why didn't you tell me Blue was shot?" I asked again and tapped Owen's shoulder.

"I didn't want you to worry. You had enough to worry about." Owen said and tried to wrap his arms around my waist.

I sighed and pressed my back into the wall. The wall was cold and soothed some of the pain in my ribs. I took a deep breath and grimaced and pain. Owen cupped my cheek and titled my head up to look at him.

"Is it your ribs? Can I feel them?" He asked.

I nodded my head as Claire looked over at us and I glared at her and fist Owen's shirt in my hand. He pulled my shirt up and swore.

I looked down and saw how black and blue the skin was. He ran his figures lightly over the bruises and I kissed in pain and his touch left and he left go of my shirt.

"They didn't heal. Some of them are most likely broken." He said and pressed his lips to mine

"Oh isn't that sweet. Glad you guys are enjoying your cell."

A man stopped in front of the cell with two guards behind him. Claire stood as Owen wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Mills you lied to me!" She said.

"We need the dinosaurs. I didn't want them to die. I just wanted them for a different reason. You and I are alike Claire."

"I am nothing like y-."

"You authorized the creation of the dinosaurs for money. I'm selling them for money. We are the same." He said and Claire reached through the bars to and grabbed his jacket and pulled his face into the bar.

His glasses broke and the guards pulled their guns up. Owen stepped in front of me and the motion caused pain to spread throughout my body. Then Mills' eyes locked on me and he smiled.

"Well you're a sexy lady." He said and stuck his glasses in his pocket. "A sexy lady on my arm might cause more people to buy. You're coming with me." He said and pulled a key from his pocket.

"I'm not going anywhere with you!" I said and Owen's arm tightened on my waist.

"You will." He said making a gesture with his hands and the guns were pointed at us. "Out I'll just kill that boy of yours and take you. Your choice." He said and unlocked the door as the guns clicked.

I pushed Owen's arm off as he turned and looked at me. He shook his head and I placed my hands on his cheeks so he'd look at me.

"I have to. I didn't drag you through the woods just for you to get shot. I'll be fine." I said and kissed him. "I'll do what I can to get you out. I promise. I won't leave you here."

He kissed me once more and then I walked to the door. Mills smiled and closed the door behind me. His hands slid around my waist and cupped my ass. I pushed him away and slapped him in the face as Owen yelled.

"You will listen to me or I'll kill your friends, since in reality they burned up on the island." He said and slapped me back as Owen yelled again and tried to reach Mills through the bars.

I leaned against the wall rubbing my cheeks and glaring at Mills. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me down the hall away from Owen's swearing and got on an elevator.

~~~~~
"Are you dressed yet. It shouldn't take this long to put on one small dress!" Mills said and pounded on the door.

"Leave me alone or I'll take longer!" I shouted back and through my boot at the door.

The dress was a bright red and was skin tight. Which restricted me from breathing and made my ribs scream an agony.

The dress was low cut and the sleeves hung off my shoulders. The dress had a slit that ran up to my thigh and a long train that pulled around my feet. It looked more like a prom dress then anything. My hair was to stay down to cover the bruises on my back.

The door flew open end slammed against the wall. Mills walked in as I slipped my heels on. I can't walk in heels. I'm too clumsy for that.

"Let's go! You're wasting time!" He said and grabbed me roughly by the arm and steered me out the door.

Screaming started and a little girl ran up to mills crying. She was asking why the dinosaurs were here and wanted to know what was going on. He yelled at her and pushed her into a room, locking the door.

"You can lock her in a room!" I said and pushed his arm off mine.

He slapped me again and pulled me towards the stairs. We stood on the front steps watching the cars pulled up. His arm wrapped around my waist and he hissed at me to smile and be happy.

After we greeted everyone we went back into the house and to a large room. People took there seats and Mills told me to stand next to his chair.

The middle of the room was a conveyor belt that resembled a runway. The auctioneer walked everyone and called for the first dinosaurs to come out.

The doors opened and the cage came down the runway. The dinosaur was ramming itself into the cage as people began to bid and I became sick.

Mills was laughed and giddy with excitement as the numbers climbed into the millions. The dinosaur sold and the next one came out.

"You can't do this." I said and looked down at Mills.

He said his computer down and stood up and pulled me against himself. His hands gripped my waist and I tried to move away from him.

"You shut up or I'll kill you and make your boyfriend watch."