Chapter 12

Brook
As the sun rose the rain stopped. I laid under a tree root between Franklin and Blue. The warmth coming from Blue allowed me to relax and get some sleep. My clothes were still damp from the rain as I pressed myself against Blue and thought of last nights events.

The T-Rex had come and I told Franklin not to move off the porch. The dinosaur wouldn't see us if we didn't move. Well, he got scared and took off towards the trees and the creature took down the house trying to get him. My side had been cut by wood and I was trapped under rubble until she left to go into the woods. Once I was out of the rubble, Blue found me and lead me to Franklin, who was in the spot we are now.

I told him we would stay here, because he did not listen to me. I knew Owen was coming to find us, if Franklin would have listened we would be with Owen now.

A roaring sounded in the distance and Franklin jumped up and Blue growled at him. I assured him that the creature was far away and that we were fine. I then stood and stretched my ribs protest and I sagged against the tree. Blue whine and sniffed me, the same way she did when I hurt my ankle. That seemed like a lifetime ago, even though it was only four years.

"She seems to really like you." Franklin said as Blue walked circles around him and kept hissing.

"Yeah. Blue! Can you lead us to Owen."

I was out of ideas to find Owen. Maybe Blue could find him for me. She did lead Owen to me before, after Nate was killed. I have given up and just wanted a warm bed and Owen's arms.

"She can do that?"

"I hope."

~~~~~
Blue lead us through the woods and kept getting side tracked my different herbivores, wondering through the forest. But, she lead us bag to the campsite. It still hadn't changed since the attack. The only difference was a Jeep sitting in the middle of the area. Two people sat in the Jeep, both were asleep.

Engines sounded in the distance as I walked towards the truck. Blue followed me and sniffed at the rubble. As I nearer the Jeep I realized Owen was in the driver seat. I went to call his name as the trucks broke into the area and people jumped out holding guns.

"Miss, don't move! You'll be safe in a few seconds!" A man shouted and slowly stepped closer to Blue, who was hissing.

"No! Don't hurt her! She won't hurt me!" I yelled and stepped closer to Blue.

"Miss, back away! That is a dangerous creature!"

"Brook!" Owen yelled as he struggled to take his seatbelt off.

Blue reared back to jump on the nearest person as a gun fired. I lunged at Blue as pain spread throughout my back. Blue screeched as I fell to the ground and she tackled the nearest person.

My body became numb and I could not move. My limbs became tingly and felt heavy. I began to freak out because it felt like the date rape drug. Yes, I know what the drug feels like, David used it on me. Tears streamed down my face as yelling began and Blue was screeching. Hands grabbed at me as my vision blurred and I gave a strangled scream.

I was turned onto my back and the last thing I saw was Owen's worried green eyes.

~~~~~
I woke to soft fabric covering my body. Leather pressed against my cheek as I stretched out and hands began to play with my hair. Owen. Owen was pushing my hair behind my ear. I opened my eyes to sunlight and groaned.

"Brooky, how are you feeling?"

My limbs were still tingly but I could move and they no longer felt heavy. I rolled over and gazed up at Owen through silted eyes.

"I'm fine. Is Blue ok?"

"She's off the island, so that means you are no longer leaving my side."

"Agreed." I said and he laughed as I tried to move closer to him, but realized I was in a Jeep and a gear shift sat between us. "Owen is there food or water? I need it."

"Yes. I'll be right back."

Owen left the Jeep as I sat up and grabbed the dashboard as dizziness washed over me. I squeezed my eyes shut as it went away and opened them to a girl standing in front of me.

She was one of the college students. She had short brown hair that ended at her jaw and glasses. She was very pretty, but I couldn't remember her name.

"How are you feeling?" She asked leaning against the Jeep.

"Fine. A little sore and tired and really just want to die."

"Hey, you fit right in." She said and laughed and held her hands out. "Do you want to stand?"

"Where's Owen? If you touch me he'll get jealous."

"I'm not a man. Besides if I were to date a man I would be him, but I don't like men." She shrugged her shoulders and laughed again. "So maybe he has reason to get jealous. You are a very pretty girl. I also told him that as he was driving to find you. Come on, let's get you up."
I
I grabbed her hands and stepped off the Jeep. As soon as my feet hit the ground my legs gave out and I sagged against her. Her arms snaked around my waist and she laughed.

"Owen's back and he doesn't look happy." She said and laughed again.