Chapter One

Chapter One

The alarm buzzed.I quickly got out of bed to turn it off and went back to sleep but I couldn't. My parents were arguing again calling each other horrible names,threatening each other,and throwing dishes at each other. I put the my second pillow on my ear and laid on my right side facing the window. I could still hear their angry muffled voices.Just when I was about to fall asleep my dad called me.

"Sara Candice Vulture get your ass down here and eat your breakfast!" My dad called. That was my whole name. I hate my first name I wish my name was more bold and filled with attitude like the name Vanessa,Victoria, or Rachael.

"Just a second!" I hollered.

"David don't talk to our daughter like that!" My mother yelled. They continued to argue again. I got out of my warm soft bed and went into the the bathroom that was just across the hall from me. I brushed my long straight blonde hair.I went back into my room and got dressed.I put on my light blue skinny jeans,favorite black tank top,and hoodie. I went down in the dining room avoiding the broken plates and cups and ate the fresh warm waffles that my mother just made.

"Sara tomorrow is take your family to work day and I want you to come with me." My dad said. My dad works at a science lab and he is an inventor. He used to always help me with my homework but he doesn't any more because he has to work more now it's really sad. I feel horrible for him.

"Sounds like fun!" I said with sarcasm. My parents didn't catch it in my tone of voice.

"Great" My dad said. "now get your ass to school or you're grounded!" He is always like this.He would be nice and funny and then next thing you know he was yelling at you. I put on my black original all stars on and headed out the door.I live on the good side of town where theres fountains on people's front lawns and people drove fancy sport cars. My parents make a lot of money. My dad is an inventor at a science lab and my mother is a lawyer.

"Hey Devil's Daughter!" said a familiar voice. I turned around it was Josh. He is from the same side of town. He is my boyfriend. I have this nickname because he hates my parents.The first day when he met them they were rude and they said we can't see each other any more. We didn't listen to them.

"Hey babe!" I said in a flirty tone while looking into his dark green eyes. He is so handsome. He has black hair that is long and straight and he is broad shoulders and a built chest and arms.

"So hows the Devil and his wife doing?" He asked.

"Fighting as usual." I replied as we held hands walking to school.

"So my friends and I are painting graffiti at the high school wanna come?" He asked.

"Yeah sounds like fun!" I said. We walked over to the school and got to our lockers. Josh's locker was just right beside mine. We headed for class. Our home room teacher was named Mr.Donald. He is a fat middle aged guy who yelled and breathed heavily. Josh and I sat at the front of the class so that Mr.Donald could see us. Mr.Donald was writing some reminders and what not on the board when suddenly Josh throws a paper airplane at him,classic. Mr.Donald looked at him with anger and continued to write. Josh and his buddy Duke threw another one at him I joined the fun. We always do this if we want to get out of the school.

"That's it you little punks" Mr.Donald shouted. "Sara,Duke,and Josh principal's office now!" We laughed as we headed outside. We got our stuff from our lockers and went out of the school and we drove to the dam in Duke's car at the other end of town. The dam is so nice ducks bobbing in the water with a nice breeze and sitting there was an old tree house that we built when we were five. We got help from Josh's dad. This was ten years ago I thought it was too small anyways but we didn't care.We climbed inside the tree house.

"Want a cigarette?" Duke asked.

"Sure." I said.

"Dam Mr.Donald is a hard ass." Josh complained after lighting his cigarette.

"I know but it was pretty funny when you guys started to throw paper airplanes and paper balls at him." I said giggling. Josh smiled after he exhaled smoke. We spent the whole day at the dam throwing rocks in the dam,smoking cigarettes and weed,eating our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches,and listening to music on Duke's big stereo he brought. When we noticed it was getting dark we headed to the school. We drove to the school and on our way there was a guy from the bad end of town. Duke honked the horn getting the guy on the sidewalk his attention.

"What do you want!" The guy snapped.

"Oh nothing." Duke said sarcastically while getting out of the car.

"Look I don't want any trouble." The guy said backing up into a brick fence

"Oh but we got plenty." Josh said getting out of the car. I got out of the car to.The guy put his hands in the air.

"Josh get my pipe it's in the trunk." Duke commanded as Duke and I boxed in the guy.Josh quickly came back with the pipe and handed it to Duke.

"Duke I'm sorry I promise I won't come over on this side of town!" The guy cried. Josh plastered a smug grin on his face and started to beat the guy with the pipe. Screams out of pain escaped the guys mouth as Josh beat him senselessly with the pipe.The guy's somewhat handsome face was now swollen and bruised with blood slowly dripping out of his nose to his busted lips. We all laughed as we walked towards the school the rest of the way.

"Got the paint?" Josh asked.

"Yep." Duke replied. The three of us gave each other a mischievous smiles. When we were done painting Duke drove us to our houses. I kissed Josh goodbye and went inside.When I walked in the house it was quiet I guess my mom and dad went to bed. It was ten o'clock. I had a shower and went to bed.