Chapter Two - Guilt

I ran to my flat and shut the door, I slid down to the floor against the door. 'I hope he didn't follow me..' I took a deep breath, I could smell everything. I could smell the sent of lavender Febreze in the air and on the furniture, the food in the fridge.. The white, red and black roses on my kitchen counter.. The potted flowers in the corner in my small living area..

I looked around at my small flat, it was like it was before I left. My laundry was still everywhere on the couch when I thought that I should just separate the clothes by pants and shirt and shit.. The TV was still off from my hate of bad television. Everything looked like it was before, but where was Shade?

"Shade?" I called, but my black cat didn't come like he usually did. Maybe he's in my room..

"Shade? Where are you, sweetie?" I called, I heard a small meow come from under my bed. I laid on my stomach and looked under my bed, there he was.

"Shade, come here boy. What are you doing under the bed?" I asked as I gently held out my hand, Shade touched it with his small paw and realized it was just me. Shade nuzzled his head against my palm and and crawled out from under the bed, I smiled and picked up my small black kitten. Yes, I have a black kitten named Shade.

"Hey there, I'm sorry I was gone for so long." I said, cuddling my kitten close. Shade cuddled back, I sat down on the couch and laid on my back. I petted Shade as he laid on my chest, Shade purred. I smiled down at him, I'm gonna miss Shade when me and the guys go on tour, our second year-long tour! Our fans are so cool and sweet, they always seem to have different stories on how they found out about the band and how we've helped them in situations like bullying, self-harm, etc. I love them all to death, without them 'The Outcasts' would be nothing, only a fragment of what could have been.

I wonder how they'll react to me being a vampire, will they still love me? What about the guys? What will Nick, Jake, Josh and Matt say? I have to tell them, right now? No, tomorrow. We have band practice, then a celebration. I'll tell them tomorrow, yeah.

"At least you'll still love me, right Shade?" I asked, Shade purred loudly in response and played with a random string attached to my shirt. I smiled and rubbed behind his little ears, Shade closed his eyes and cuddled closely to my hand.

"Okay, lets get to bed." I said, I picked Shade up and held him close again as I got up and walked towards my bed again. I set Shade down on the end and went into the bathroom, I undressed and took a short shower. I dressed in a baggy, over-sized batman shirt, dark blue pajama pants, and fluffy, white socks.

I saw that Shade was playing with a small mouse toy that I bought him and couple day ago, I smiled at the cuteness. I climbed onto my bed and pulled Shade and his toy over with me, I laid down and just watched as my black kitten played on his back with the small, grey mouse toy. I rubbed behind Shades' small ears, he purred and nuzzled into my hand again. When I stopped he sort of grabbed the part under my thumb with his paws and just looked at it for a second, then licked it. Like a kiss, I smiled and hugged his close again. Shade purred and we both fell asleep like that.

'So vampires are able to sleep...'