Chapter Fourteen

What the fuck, man?" Nick growled.

"Nice to see you as well, Nicholas." Nathan shot.

"What are you doing h--" I stumbled a little as the started to move again and sighed the last of my sentence in anger, "here."

"Well, I don't one I don't want one of the few species who keep the population of humans in check to die... Especially when I created," Nathan grinned.

"I'm not gonna die."

"Oh, but you could."

"But I won't."

"Not unless you drink this." Nathan lifted a bag of blood out of an inside pocket of his jacket.

"Fuck no." I bark.

"You're weak, Raven. I think your'.. Friends will agree that you need this." Nathan said, for once showing an emotion that wasn't amusement, cockiness or anger. It was worry.

"Either way, no. Fuck off." I said firmly.

"Ray. I think you should take it." Nick said.

"Nick, come on --"

"No, Ray. We all know you hate this guy, but this is serious. If what he's saying is true, that means our sister is dying." Nick said.

"I'm not going to drink someone's blood." I argued.

"Then don't think of it like that."

"How can I not?" I snap, feeling my breath leave and.. Not come back. I look around in shock as I feel my lungs pretty much not give a shit at the air I try to take in, I put a hand on my chest and make choking noises.

I look at Nathan with accusations clear in my eyes as I back myself to the edge of a table, the guys look like they have no idea what to do, I can't blame them, I would react the same way. I try to curse at Nathan, even though he's hurrying to get past my bandmates to, what looks like, help.

"You.. You fucking--" My voice is a whisper right then. But I only stopped when Nathan opened the 'baggy o' blood'. I could smell it. It made me shiver, but I stopped it from getting any closer to me.

I'm on my knees at this point, the guys were literally encouraging me to drink the damn blood. What if this just makes me go fucking nuts and try to kill them and each and every person who comes within a hundred mile radius of me?! That's not me, it's never going to be..

"I'm trying to save you, Raven." Nathan sneers, grabbing my idle and shaky hand before shoving the opening into my mouth.

My body stopped shaking, it actually froze. Feeling the lukewarm, thick.. Blood.. Go down my throat. Even though that thought stuck in my head I couldn't move away from where the blood was coming...

It's blood. Fucking.. Blood.

But my body ignored what my mind wanted it to do; a literal rebel. It just stayed, except my hand grabbed at the baggy. It was almost empty. Yet, I was gaining strength from that half. And as soon as I could I tore the blood away from me and spat the rest out of my mouth with a harsh hack, cursing at what happened between each and every cough.

"Ray, are you alright?" I heard Nick ask, feeling hands land on my arms and shoulders.

"I'm fucking fine." I snap angrily.

"You should thank your human friends, at least they aren't afraid of you." Nathan says, standing easily.

"You, shut the fuck up! You don't get to just tell me what I should and shouldn't fucking do after you've fucking done to me!" I scream, thinking over and over about that as I stand and lean towards him as I continue. "I'm not going to turn into someone I'm fucking not!"

"Ray, calm down. Come on." Jake says, grabbing my right forearm. The one I really wanted to use to punch Nathan with.

"Ray, he's only trying to help." Matt says.

"No, you don't understand." I say, regaining composer. "Nathan is only --"

"Trying to help you not die." Nathan finishes seriously.

"You're just like my fucking mother.. Thinking that you're helping. You may have stopped me from suffocating but you only made me realize my nightmare has only fucking started. What the fuck were you thinking when you fucking changed me into this? What the fuck did you think was going to happen? Did you even give a single, fucking, damn?!" I yell at the end. "You know what? I don't want to even hear it."

Nathan only stared at me with a look like he knew what I was thinking, like he knew that I was comparing this to my past. "I went through this at first, I understand your anger. You can yell all you want, you can think of how this is like how your family tried to change you, but this won't just fade. It will stay. It will hurt you. And I will definitely try to strengthen you through it. It's an innate feeling, like I very much should advise and help you." Nathan smirks. "Even if you and your human friends try to get rid of me. I sure as hell tried to when I was changed."

I just stare at him. My thoughts unfazed from what he said, but my emotions had calmed. And he knows my past, but how? "Guys.. Can you go to the bunks? Please." I say.

Nick spoke for all of them. "Sure, just don't rip his head off."

I stifled my chuckle, only smiling. "Thanks.." I turn back to Nathan, I had made sure no police saw me back then. How could he know? I had changed my hair colour, my eyes, my damn clothing, everything..

"Did you snoop around in my home?" I ask.

Nathan nods. "Yes. When you didn't come back I got concerned."

"And what did you find?"

"The backpack, the box with the knife and photo album in it under your bed."

My body shuddered when I remembered those items, that was back when I lived near the Hudson Bay in the fall and winter; huge mistake.

"Your little diary explained a lot."

"Shut up. That's my past. It means nothing nowadays."

"It means something to you."

"Drop it."

"Who was she again?"

"Shut up."

"Right. Your little sister, Rory."

"I said shut the fuck up, asshole."

"She must be around ten now?"

I glare at him. "Eight."

"Ah, so little Rory was nearly a year old when you left.."

I look out the window then, knowing he also knew the promise I made to myself.

".. And never came back."

"They were hurting me. Trying to shape me into the perfect, slutty, daughter they wanted. You can't blame me for wanting out of that." I say.

"No, I cannot. I also cannot blame you for letting your family think you're dead."

"I never did anything like that."

"You stayed hidden for six and a half years."

"Actually, a year and a half. When me and my bandmates were getting noticed the police had they're shot at seeing the resemblance."

"Of whom?"

"You know damn well."

"Ah, I guess the name hurts as well. Doesn't it?"

"Sure, think that."

"What did you say your legal name meant to you?"

"Now you're just trying to hurt me." I snap.

"No, I'm just asking."

"Well, you already know."

"I only remember the name and the most painful word it meant."

"Well, shoot then." I say with anger. Hoping that will help my defence against the deep, emotional pain I've protected myself from for half a decade.

"Regan, meaning selfish."