Chapter Twelve

Tonight's show was fantastic, 'The Outcasts' left the audience ecstatic for us and the other bands. Raven actually did a crowd surf, I don't think she's done that move in a while.

"Hey, Andy! You wanna share a beer with us?" I heard Raven call from across backstage.

Our crews were packing our instruments and gear into our buses, we had a little while to eat and do whatever. So I guess I can have one. "Sure, I guess I can use one." I say as I walk towards them.

Josh, Nick and Jake cheer but Matt and Raven just smile. Raven tossed me a bottle of.. 'Sleeman clear'. "Don't worry, Andy. It's not too bad." Raven assures.

I shrug and open it, drinking some and nodding. It is pretty good.

"So what's new with you back home? With us we don't do much, it's kinda boring." Josh asks.

"Uh.." I shouldn't tell them about Juliet. "Nothing much, uh.. I think one of my cats, Femme, back home is pregnant. So.. That's not really exciting." I said, withholding some important details.

Raven was looking at me in a strange way, could she know now? I mentally sigh, I kinda liked the thought of making friends who didn't ask if I was okay, in that specific way..

"Aw, sweet. You know, Ray has a cat. Well, kitten, to be exact. He's around a month old." Said Jake.

"Oh, uh. I know, his name's Shade, right? Or Shadow?" I wondered.

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Well, Andy's a fan of our band." Raven said.

"Aw, sweet. Thanks for helping us live." Matt cheered, raising his bottle to me.

"Dido." Everyone around me said at the same time.

That was pretty cool.