Chapter Three - Band Practice

I woke up to Shade patting my nose with his paws, I opened my eyes to see Shade looking at me with excitement in his blue eyes. I know, I know. A kitten with blue eyes, weird. But I don't think that, I think he's absolutely adorable and the best little companion I could ever ask for. Hell, I think I'm even bringing him with me on tour! I had bought him a black, white and grey collar with one of those leashes you find on small dogs so that I wouldn't lose him, and bought more cat food.

I picked up my phone and turned it on, it was eight in the morning. I groaned, Shade meowed and patted my cheek as if to say 'Hey, none of that. It's time to get up and play!' I laughed and got up, I made sure Shade had some toys to keep him happy and gathered some clothes before going into the bathroom.

I dressed in a wine-red 'Five Finger Death Punch' tank top, a black button-up shirt that I had rolled the sleeves up and kept the shirt unbuttoned, I slipped on a pair of black, ripped, baggy jeans with some boots and put different piercings in; snake bites, (my) right nose stud, left eyebrow studs, you know.

I noticed that I looked very pale, well.. Paler than usual. Oh, fuck.. Right, I'm a fucking vampire. Not that their is anything wrong with being a vampire, it's just not the right time. Or right person really..

I went out and picked Shade up along with his toys and went to the kitchen area, I put some wet, cat food in a food bowl and set it near Shade. I made some cereal with some cereal with my favorite, Honey Nut Cheerios. Yum! I ate some and watched as Shade ate his food, after a while he just sat there and looked at it. Maybe he's full..

"Are ya full, Shade?" I asked, Shade looked at me and pushed his food bowl away. I smiled and set the bowl on the floor so that he could eat it whenever.

I finished my cereal - turns out that vampires can eat human food as well - and put the bowl in the sink. I have to go to Nick's place to have band practice. I sighed, and I have to tell them.. Should I? Do I really need too? Yes, it'll be okay.. Their my friends and band mates.. They'll know that I had no control over this... I hope so.

"Okay.. Uh, food and water.." I said to myself as I got everything ready to go. I got out some dry cat food and water, set them on the floor where I knew Shade can reach for sure, I turned the TV on to a channel I knew was funny even for a cat, I turned the radio that was in my room on to 99.3 The Rock. Our favorite radio station to listen to when me and Shade just hangout or are playing with cat toys.

"Okay sweetie, I will be right back. I'm just going out for three, maybe four hours. At the most five, but I promise I'll come back home. I love you, Shade." I said, picking him up and kissing his small head. Shade in return patted my cheek and licked my nose, I scrunched my face up and chuckled.

"Okay, bye honey." I said, putting him down on the floor. I made sure that Shade's cat toys were where he could reach full-on.

I went to the door and took on last look at everything, Shade was chilling out on the cat.. Perch.. Thing. You know the thing that has little rooms and things hanging from it.. That.

I left out the door of my flat and locked it, I went to my car - a fucking black 67 Chevy Impala!! - and unlocked it. I went inside and started the car, I closed the door and started to drive. I drove the 10 minutes to Nick's place, I faced stares of awe and disgust. Both from different people, I smirked and just drove.

I finally got to Nick's place and parked across his house, I looked both ways and 'J-Walked' across the street. I knocked on the door and one second later I heard yelling, running and grunting. I smiled brightly as I saw the guys - Matt, Jake, Nick and Josh - all standing crowded in the doorway, they were smiling and bending in way so that all of them could be seen.