Prologue

"Mommy? Why can't I go shift and run with the other pups?" The little girl asked her mother.

Her mother was hesitant and had to look to the father for a nod of approval before answering, "Honey, we need you to stay here. You'll be safe here, we just don't want you to get hurt" she explained to the pleading child.

"But mommy, Harriet says it's good for me to let her run around. She's been bugging me all day." She pleaded with the cutest puppy dog eyes she could muster.

"I'm sorry, but no. We have to go but we want you to stay here with the house. You'll be safe inside till we get back. Here, take this necklace, it'll keep you safe. " She gave her child a quick kiss on the top of the head and put the necklace around her neck before walking out the door with her husband and son, both of their eyes filled with sadness as they left the young girl.

The little girl sat at the window as she watched their retreating figures disappear into the surroundings. She knew they weren't coming back.

She had overheard them a few nights ago but pretended not to mind that her mother was disgusted by her. She pretended not to mind that her father strongly hated her scent. She pretended not to mind that her loving brother, Zach, went with them without a fight. Had he not cared about her? Were they not close?

From that moment on, the seven year old girl, knew she had to help herself now. She trained everyday and night, waiting for them to come back.

Until one night, she snapped and ran away from her pack, she couldn't be with them anymore. Everyone thought she was dead.

Now she was truly alone at the age of 14. She fought for her life and searched for her family, hoping they may not hate her anymore. Hoping she could make them proud.

——-

warning- I wrote this book a very long time ago so there are many grammatical errors and it's a little cringey at times. I still love it though as one of my only ever finished books and that in itself is a huge accomplishment for me. I hope you enjoy it as much as I love to still look at it from time to time after all these years. ❤️