18

Arianna

They all growl at me before the darkest grey wolf charges at me. I meet him halfway and tackle him to the ground.

As he rolls, trying to get me off, he snaps at my body and manages to lacerate my left side. I don't pay it mind before hitting him directly in the snout. He whimpers before I knock him out with one to the temple.

The other grey one charges and I duck out of the way for me to grab onto his fur and bring myself to somewhat ride him. I grab his snout and pull it towards the ground. He loses his footing and sends us flying. I twist my body so that I am on his underside as he lands on his back.

When I hear a low growl, I look up to be met with the reddish brown wolf. I growl right back before grabbing the scruff of his neck and pulling his head into the dirt. When he stands again, I get off the stomach of the unconscious wolf and look at him with blood rushing down my face. I don't know when, but the grey wolf managed to cut across the top of my head.

I must look like a crazy person, but that's ok, this fight is all that matters right now.

I can tell this is the strongest of the men, he's the biggest of all of them and has a stronger aura around him.

He slowly walks towards me and we circle for a few moments. When I notice he's not going to make a move, I roll my eyes and lunge.

He snaps at me and I instantly retract before twisting around to his back and grabbing his tail. He yips and snaps at my hand only for me to deliver a kick straight to his face.

Seeing the four unconscious wolves before me, I stand nonchalant and walk over to Ben who looks completely horrified.

"How was that?" I ask with a small smile, I now realized that Anthony and Wilson are watching from the forest line, where the tree once stood.

"Your assessment is complete." He says with a slight chuckle.

"Oh? How did I do? I didn't even do that much," I say confusedly as I look back to see the wolves slowly standing up. When they realize I'm looking their way, they whimper and submit.

"You did amazingly, we are so glad to have you in our pack." He says with pride in his eyes.

"Thank you, Ben," I say with the same smile as I bow my head respectively.

"Arianna, let's get you cleaned up, get this blood off of you," Anthony says, surprising me as he places a hand on my shoulder. Regardless of the amazing sparks, I still flinch away, still skeptical of the punishments I could be receiving.

I nod and follow him towards the house and up toward his bedroom.

"Why don't you jump in the shower and I'll grab you some clothes." He says pointing toward the bathroom.

I nod to him and do that, I leave the door unlocked so that he can bring clothes in and strip my clothes. I leave them in a pile on the floor before jumping in the shower and closing the curtain so he cannot see me.

"You are stronger than I thought." His voice surprises me. I peak out the side of the curtain to see him leaning against the counter smiling slightly at the ground.

I retract my head back in and remain silent.

"Do you think you would be able to tell me which pack you were the Alpha for?" He asks just loud enough for me to hear him over the sound of the water hitting the bottom of the shower.